Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello piloteers. I just bought a 2004 honda pilot for my wife, I needed a bigger car because my wife is pregnant and i have a mustang and she has a versa and i think those cars are to small for a baby. Now my question is, When i start my pilot in the mornings i hear the car sucking air for like 2 mins then it goes away. I have to let the car warm up for like 3 mins because if i dont the car will idle bad for like 5 seconds , then its normal again. I can drive good all day again till the next morning. Do any of you had this problem before ? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
It may not be your problem, but an easy and cheap thing to check first is if there is a crack in the air intake tube that gets bent when the air filter gets changed, as you can see in this video. Feel for cracks on the underside of the tube as well.

https://d2n97g4vasjwsk.cloudfront.net/2006 Honda Pilot EX 3.5L V6/Air Filter Engine - Part 1 - 480p.mp4

In fact, I make it part of my air filter replacement routine to check for cracks all along that tube each time I finish putting in a new air filter.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Intake air duct is the likely suspect. Is yours hardened and cracked around the clamps?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts