Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen pics yet of the more "aggressive" '04 fender flares accessory? I have yet to see a pic. Will they fit an '03?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Still haven't been able to find pictures anywhere. Another thread was started on this topic here.

Without having looked into it, I wonder what the MDX situation is regarding fender flares.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The '04 flares look pretty cool, BUT won't they just make our already undersized tires look even smaller??? It's hard to tell from this shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
a2Pilot said:
The '04 flares look pretty cool, BUT won't they just make our already undersized tires look even smaller??? It's hard to tell from this shot.
Yeah, it's almost a catch22. If I get the fenders, then evertime I look at my Pilot, I'd think about the small rims and the tires. But it's hard to tell whether the '04 fenders are bigger or are more pronounced looking than the '03's.

But look at the rims in the Picture. Are those the OEM alloy wheels? I'm thinking there's no way Honda would ever put such a nice set of rims on their cars, but it even has the Honda Emblem in the centre.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
If you look at my flares, you can see they stop right at the top of the body side molding. On the '04, the flares extend past the side molding. Should have waited, the 04 looks better.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
wwong said:
If you look at my flares, you can see they stop right at the top of the body side molding. On the '04, the flares extend past the side molding. Should have waited, the 04 looks better.
wwong: If you really want the 2004 flares, then buy them and try selling your 2003 flares to a fellow honda-pilot.org member or possibly even on fleaBay... :)

I agree, though, the 04 looks better and bolder... :4: :17:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
wwong said:
Ahhh, I see. Man, I just don't have the discerning eyes to spot something like that out. And that explains the different installtion procedures. But don't worry, wwong, I wouldn't fret too much over the difference. Yours still look pretty darn sharp.

·
Registered
55 Posts
wwong said:
wwong: I agree with RipRock. Your Pilot looks great as is. Besides, from a distance I doubt that the difference between the '03 and '04 flares is going to be very noticeable to anybody except Pilot owners who have studied the details.

Also, until someone posts real pics of the '04 flares on their vehicle, Honda's heavily retouched pic of the '04s could give a misimpression. To make my point, look how Honda's latest pic of '03 flares compares to your silver '03 pic. Honda's pic seems to show a ridge around the outside of the '03 flares where none actually exists, and it also suggests a color or texture mismatch where none actually exists.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
But look at the rims in the Picture. Are those the OEM alloy wheels? I'm thinking there's no way Honda would ever put such a nice set of rims on their cars, but it even has the Honda Emblem in the centre.
I want to follow up on what RipRock said. Can anyone please identify those wheels in the close-up photo in a2Pilot's post?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:rolleyes: so can a 2004 flares be used on the 2003?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks xGS. I am definitely going to buy the '04 flares, but I think I'll wait and get the vehicle first. My garage and living room are now full of Pilot accessories in boxes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Availability?

I might be going on Sunday to finally purchase a EX-L with RES but I noticed that not all the dealers list the Flares as an accessory. What should I expect the installed cost to be?

·
Registered
747 Posts
that's a lot like what I had on my Honda Passport

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: Availability?

driver said:
I might be going on Sunday to finally purchase a EX-L with RES but I noticed that not all the dealers list the Flares as an accessory. What should I expect the installed cost to be?
Can't give you anything specific since I plan to install my flares myself. However, last I checked the MSRP on the '03 flares was $529 (and around $380 to $395 from discount sources). The '04 flares are probably $50 to $75 more MSRP (and around $435 to $450 discounted). The dealer I have frequented so far quotes labor rates of $130/hr for various kinds of work. I don't know if the flares can be installed in an hour. I would certainly not expect their installation to require more than 2 hours.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts