Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Got a p0430 code, Catalyst B2 deterioration..... I'm trying to figure out what a good price for having this done is. I'm looking to use Walker cat and Denso O2 sensors but can't figure out which cat is for bank 2.

I got a quote for $835 to do the job (parts included). For some reason I had $600 in my head, does the quoted price sound reasonable?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
89 Posts
Hey guys. Got a p0430 code, Catalyst B2 deterioration..... I'm trying to figure out what a good price for having this done is. I'm looking to use Walker cat and Denso O2 sensors but can't figure out which cat is for bank 2.

I got a quote for $835 to do the job (parts included). For some reason I had $600 in my head, does the quoted price sound reasonable?
It’s sounds reasonable to me because the technician is using his parts and guarantee his work and parts what you should try is to negotiate the price lower by 100$ and see if he would budge on his price or by the parts at rock auto then negotiate hope this helps brother

·
Registered
291 Posts
The price seems about right to me. If I were quoting the job I would take into account how much of a pain some exhaust work can be due to rust etc.

Personally, I would change both sensors and see if that solves the problem before I did the cat. I know some people will disagree but I would not change the cat right away without knowing for sure. I have solve P0430 with a new O2 sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts