Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my hands on a nice 03 Pilot, loving the space and smoothness!

The vehicle tens to keep arming itself, even when the doors are ajar. I looked up the manual to change from Auto Arming to Manual but it does not work. After inserting and removing the key twice, the third time, nothing works. The system does not beep twice.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, as you can see, this is quite an annoying 'feature'.

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
Does the control unit have a three-position switch labeled "AUTO LOCK" - "AUTO" - "MANUAL"?
If so, is in the "MANUAL" position?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. Which Control Unit? Where is it located?

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. Which Control Unit? Where is it located?
The control unit for the security system.
Not sure where it is on the Pilot. Possibly under/behind the lower dashboard panels.
Presumably this is an LX trim model with the dealer-installed accessory Honda security system?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The control unit for the security system.
Not sure where it is on the Pilot. Possibly under/behind the lower dashboard panels.
Presumably this is an LX trim model with the dealer-installed accessory Honda security system?
yep dealer installed, the security light by the lock blinks etc. thanks, I will look into seeing where the unit is. The setting is way too ‘secure’ at the moment.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,166 Posts
If it’s the dealer installed Karr unit it is usually to the left of the parking brake pedal.

This unit (or its wiring) could also be the cause of your headlight issue, presuming the unit controls the headlights to flash when the alarm is going off.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
posting a few pics under the steering rack, have no idea what I'm looking for but nothing looks like an aftermarket alarm.

However, you do see that DEI branded LED panel that blinks when the system is armed.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,166 Posts
See if you can remove the plastic panel on your third photo. Then take photos above and below the fuse panel. There is definitely something non-factory installed in that area.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
holy cow, look what I located by following your instructions , near the fuse box. There is a button to disable the alarm, this is definitely aftermarket; however how come the remote is OEM Honda?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts