Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the answer to question is probably posted here somewhere but I've had no joy in finding it.

I just purchased a one-owner 2003 Pilot. This is the only Honda I have ever owned with the exception a few like the CB750 in the 70's.

I am in the process of "drain and change" of all the lubricants but have been unable to find any information on a front differential for a 2003: lots of info on 06 and up, but none on the 03. Does the 03 have a front differential or is it part of a transaxle which receives its lubrication from the ATF?

Thanks in advance...…...

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
03-05 model years, all you have to do is change the ATF fluid. The fluid also acts as a lubricant for the diff. Later model years had a separate fluid for the diff.

·
Registered
283 Posts
the transmission on the 03 is a weak point. I have drained and filled trans fluid every other oil change from ownership at 20K miles to current 210k miles.

Also, may want to consider a radiator replacement if the original radiator is installed. While mainly a 2005 issue, the trans cooler is inside the radiator, a cooler failure can result in coolant in the trans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts