Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I need some help! My Pilot has been Amazing, but I have started hearing a scrubbing sound coming from the front when I drive. No issues breaking, No real popping when I'm turning, No change in the steering or alignment just this noise freaking me out. I had a previous issue with the dust shield and put it back up tight until I can find another one to replace it, I don't see anything that is rubbing. Anyone have any ideas? My husband said he thinks it's the CV axle but I'm not convinced that is the issue. Thank you in advance for any feedback!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Have you inspected the brake pads, rotor, calipers etc for proper brake performance? Perhaps the dust shield is making contact with other moving parts?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
^^^^ What he said first, then...

Look at the CV joint boot to make sure it isn't torn. That's a quick inspection with a flashlight and a mirror.

Then, assuming you have standard size wheels and rims, maybe look into wheel bearings as the possible culprit.

Posting a video of the noise would help.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am pulling my wheels today to check the hub/bearings the breaks were changed a few months ago but I am going to check everything while I have the wheels off. On visual inspection I don't see any damage to the boots and no leaking of any sort. I'm leaning towards the hub being the culprit just by the sound it is making. No popping on turns just a scrub sounds while driving. Thank you all for the feedback, I will update when I get it apart.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you inspected the brake pads, rotor, calipers etc for proper brake performance? Perhaps the dust shield is making contact with other moving parts?
The dust shield making contact is what my gut keeps telling me as I have had an issue with it before, I just can't visually see where it is contacting at, that's the first thing I am looking for once I get the wheels off. Thank you again for the feedback

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^^ What he said first, then...

Look at the CV joint boot to make sure it isn't torn. That's a quick inspection with a flashlight and a mirror.

Then, assuming you have standard size wheels and rims, maybe look into wheel bearings as the possible culprit.

Posting a video of the noise would help.

Welcome to the forum.
Well guys it's been an experience since my last post, I changed my front calipers, it was time and one was starting to act up, once installed my master cylinder decided it was time for it to retire as well, done. Still had the scrubbing sound, while I was changing the calipers I checked my wheels, as suspected it is my front driver side wheel bearing, I've changed plenty in my time so I went for it 🤷‍♀️ well I'm still not back on the road, it started off normal until I got down to the Factory 2003 lower control arm with the ball joint made into it, which then decided to get stuck into my steering knuckle 🤦‍♀️ after alot of cursing and serious exertion of raw strength my husband and I managed to get it out. We pressed off the hub, began to press out the bearing that decided to fall apart leaving behind the outer race which we can Not get out. So I'm between just replacing the knuckle or buying a torch at this point. If anyone has had this issue feel free to tell me anything you did that worked for you. I'll keep you updated on the progress, thanks for listening to me rant lol
P.S Though this has been a pain in the ass, I did find out that my 2003 is mostly all original parts which is pretty impressive to me 😉

1 - 6 of 6 Posts