Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, nearly all the time on start-up I can hear the blower motor running but there's no airflow out of the dash vents. If I reach under the passenger side of the dash and give it a good whack the air starts flowing right away. From time to time, though, the air won't be cool and I have to shut off the ac and turn it back on again and it'll be cool immediately. Is there a known issue of blend door/vent actuators that might be causing this? Possibly a blower motor fan drive issue even though I can hear it running? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
135 Posts
on my '04 pilot the vents would get stuck between modes and wouldn't blow out the middle front vents. I ended up taking the actuators out and apart, and cleaning them. Also cleaned all the cams and followers on the plastic flap door assemblies best I could. Found that some of those plastic door parts were side loading a little and allowing the doors to hang up between settings. Cleaning it all up helped.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,968 Posts
If you can change the blower speed settings and it changes accordingly then your blower motor and blower motor transistor are fine. The fins on the blower might need a good cleaning, but as mentioned above your problem is likely the actuators. Other possible issue I recall reading about is a circuit board related to the automatic climate control wearing out and causing abnormal behavior.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on my '04 pilot the vents would get stuck between modes and wouldn't blow out the middle front vents. I ended up taking the actuators out and apart, and cleaning them. Also cleaned all the cams and followers on the plastic flap door assemblies best I could. Found that some of those plastic door parts were side loading a little and allowing the doors to hang up between settings. Cleaning it all up helped.
Thank you. I'll delve into actuators and related parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can change the blower speed settings and it changes accordingly then your blower motor and blower motor transistor are fine. The fins on the blower might need a good cleaning, but as mentioned above your problem is likely the actuators. Other possible issue I recall reading about is a circuit board related to the automatic climate control wearing out and causing abnormal behavior.
Thanks so much for your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts