Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wud like to (re)install a hitch on my 03 pilot,but the threads on the frame rails r done,the car was hit from the rear (it had a hitch on at the time) and ripped a few of the welded nuts right out,(im thinking faster than i can type) any ideas out there,didnt really wont to weld anything,but i am very capable to do so ,if thats the only and best way,one idea was to remove the cargo area panels and floor ,cut a hole in floor from above frame rails and install or lay in a piece of 2inch wide by 1/4 thick steel with drilled and tapped holes and that wud sandwich the frame rails,looks like it could b a real big job pulling the interior apart though thanks for any replys

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
What are you using this hitch for? If it is strictly for bike racks or little cargo racks you could do a lesser repair. If you intend to tow with it I would strongly discourage it. But since you probably won't care I would say at the very least you have to get the same size and grade nuts installed at the same locations AND you need to reinforce/replace any structural members damaged by the crash where the hitch attaches or any gussets.

Again, strongly discourage towing with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not real serious damage,like i said a two of the nuts got pulled out, going to haul my dirt bike with it ,either small trailer or motorcycle rack nothing too heavy and will b mounted in same location with top grade bolts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts