Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on this one? Front passenger seat wont fold down. Lever on side of seat is not stuck and moves freely. Seat back folds down a few inches and then stops dead. Tempted to pull the back of the seat off but concerned about breaking something in the process. Seems to require a strong yank to remove it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I was not aware the front seat was supposed to fold down. 2nd row and 3rd row, yes. Front? Don't think so.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My '04 does not fold down. I don't think it is supposed to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Front passenger seat definitely folds down flat. There is a lever on the bottom right side of the seat. You just pull it up and the back of the seat folds down towards the glove box. It doesn't fold back up on its on...just requires a push back up until it locks in place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW...am original owner...258K miles. Its been nothing short of terrific. Used mostly now as a 2nd utility vehicle for Lowes lumber runs, nursery garden runs, hauling bikes. People always amazed how much you can haul with it. Wish I hadn't gotten an Enclave as a primary car. and talked myself out of getting a newer 2nd Pilot.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,409 Posts
No you can recline the seat but it won't go the other way. That leaver is only for reclining. It doesn't fold flat either.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,298 Posts
OK, I'm definitely following this thread to see what the outcome is. I'd go check it myself but there's weather happening at the moment. :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Front passenger seat definitely folds down flat. There is a lever on the bottom right side of the seat. You just pull it up and the back of the seat folds down towards the glove box. It doesn't fold back up on its on...just requires a push back up until it locks in place.
I drive a 2003, and I just went out and checked on your story. The side lever is meant to adjust the reclining angle of the seat back. It will allow you to set it about 10 degrees forwards; why, I have no idea. And you can recline about 15 degrees to the back, adjustable to your own comfort level.

Dude, the front seats don't fold flat. What have you been smokin?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts