Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followed all the Youtube instructions to remove the blower fan and found a lot of leaves on it. Clean the blower fan with some soap, and vacuumed all the leaves. (Cabin air filter already changed out)

two weeks later, the issue reappears.. so there must be more leaves stuck somewhere in the intake.

Where is this located? I want to take a leaf blower and blow out all the remaining stuck leaves, so I don't have to do this job every month.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,179 Posts
Turn the front blower on high, open the hood, then feel where the air is getting sucked in near the bottom of the windshield.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,255 Posts
I think you open the hood and it's on the left, up in the passenger side cowl grille.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
I followed all the Youtube instructions to remove the blower fan and found a lot of leaves on it. Clean the blower fan with some soap, and vacuumed all the leaves. (Cabin air filter already changed out)

two weeks later, the issue reappears.. so there must be more leaves stuck somewhere in the intake.
Or, is some critter bringing the leaves into the vehicle?

After you clean the blower out, again, try setting the ventilation system to the recirculate mode every time you park the vehicle.
Check back in two weeks to see if the leaves have returned.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Or, is some critter bringing the leaves into the vehicle?

After you clean the blower out, again, try setting the ventilation system to the recirculate mode every time you park the vehicle.
Check back in two weeks to see if the leaves have returned.
Yup, that's a good litmus test for critters.

Critters. Left unchecked they can wreak havoc on your automobile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts