Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my solution for removing the left side rear bolt was to lower the subframe (4 bolts) to provide more access. I then used a 10" long 3/8" bar with a 6 point socket to loosen the bolt. I had soaked the bolts in penetrant several times in the previous week. All 4 bolts were a pain to remove. Of course I did the links as well.

Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust Automotive tire Bumper Muffler
Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
Certainly no harm in lowering the subframe, keeping it supported with a jack.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Certainly no harm in lowering the subframe, keeping it supported with a jack.
On my formerly rusty Pilot I quietly said a prayer before putting pressure on any subframe weld nuts when I installed the lift. If my subframe weld nut broke free I think it would have been game over.

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
On my formerly rusty Pilot I quietly said a prayer before putting pressure on any subframe weld nuts when I installed the lift. If my subframe weld nut broke free I think it would have been game over.
Ok, some discretion may be advisable depending on the condition. 😬

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
One simple tool that can make much easier to access that last, miserably sway bar bushing bolt on the driver's side, without having to lower your subframe, is a "half moon wrench."

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One simple tool that can make much easier to access that last, miserably sway bar bushing bolt on the driver's side, without having to lower your subframe, is a "half moon wrench."

My bolts were very difficult to remove, even after applying penetrant regularly. To break that specific bolt loose, I had to add a pipe to increase loosing torque.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my rust issues seem to be isolated to the rear subframe (still waiting for it to break loose) and my left rear quarter.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
my rust issues seem to be isolated to the rear subframe (still waiting for it to break loose) and my left rear quarter.
Isn't that a little chancy? How about fixing it preemptively?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts