Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suspect a blown alternator/ ELD fuse. I see that on '03-'06 MDXs this fuse is in Auxiliary Fuse Holder 3 as Fuse 92 (7.5A).

I have been unable to locate this fuse holder in my '03 Pilot.

Can anyone point me to this fuse location? I am checking as shown on the image near the driver's footwell fuse box but don't see any other fuses nearby.

Thanks,
John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Try looking in the area behind where the cabin’s main light control switch is located (where drivers left knee would be on a 2005 Pilot). Sometimes fuses and relays are buried in that area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ELD itself is in the under hood fuse box. I have checked out most of the rest of the charging system including all of the under hood fuses and continuity checks. When the alternator pulley is spinning (car on) the alternator is not outputting any voltage at all. I see good continuity between the alternator stud (B) and the battery positive terminal. Alternator and battery are new. 50A fuse to ELD is fine. No. 6 fuse is fine.

I have also grounded the control (C) input to the alternator to take the ELD/PCM signal out of the equation.

Thanks,
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts