Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there inquired about getting the MP3 Player, that is/will be available for the '03 Accord, in a Honda Pilot. Would it work? How? This would be a very good solution for folks with a EX as there is an empty slot under the Climate Control console.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
bgeraldo said:
Has anyone out there inquired about getting the MP3 Player, that is/will be available for the '03 Accord, in a Honda Pilot. Would it work? How? This would be a very good solution for folks with a EX as there is an empty slot under the Climate Control console.
Yes, the MP3/WMA/CD-A Player (Part # 08A264E1-200) for the 2003 Accord will work in an EX Accord. You will need the get the Pilot DVD Din Bezel Kit (Part # 08B23-S9V-100A). Install the Player with a Honda 14-pin Bus cable (ask tim @ hondacuraworld if you can order this separately without buying an install kit). This cable will plug into the rear of the Player and the Head Unit. The Player will fit in the pocket below the A/C Controls. Look at the link below to see how to connect the bezel kit & player to the pocket (Steps 58-59). It is actually for the DVD unit, but it will mount the same way with the bezel kit.

Look here for instructions on installing the Player to the Bezel Kit (Steps 58-59).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: '03 Accord mp3 player in Pilot

SteveLuman said:

Yes, the MP3/WMA/CD-A Player (Part # 08A264E1-200) for the 2003 Accord will work in an EX Accord. You will need the get the Pilot DVD Din Bezel Kit (Part # 08B23-S9V-100A). Install the Player with a Honda 14-pin Bus cable (ask tim @ hondacuraworld if you can order this separately without buying an install kit). This cable will plug into the rear of the Player and the Head Unit. The Player will fit in the pocket below the A/C Controls. Look at the link below to see how to connect the bezel kit & player to the pocket (Steps 58-59). It is actually for the DVD unit, but it will mount the same way with the bezel kit.

Look here for instructions on installing the Player to the Bezel Kit (Steps 58-59).
Thanks! Have you done this yourself? How do you like it?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Re: Re: Re: '03 Accord mp3 player in Pilot

bgeraldo said:

Thanks! Have you done this yourself? How do you like it?
Nope, I installed XM Radio + a 6-disc changer which plays MP3's under the driver's seat. This method was cheaper & I can listen to XM radio.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Honestly, I think the best deal for an MP3 player is to buy one of those jukebox's like the Creative Nomad Zen or the Apple iPod. Then you can play these guys through the tape player. I think it sounds great and I can easily take the tunes anywhere I go.

The portable jukebox's are starting to come starndard with 10+ gigs of memory which will give you nearly days worth of non-repetitive music. I have 1 player that I take in my car, into work, and into the Pilot on trips. Its fantastic! Much better than lugging several CD's around. Get the car charger and you'll never run out of juice on the road either.

I'm sure you guys have thought about this. I, personally, don't see the need for spending several hundred dollars on a fixed MP3 player when I can have a portable one for the same price($275) or cheaper. The portability benefits really make it worth more than a fixed unit.

Just my opinion I guess. It just works out sooo good and sounds great. I couldn't resist telling...

-Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts