Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the S2000 site and figured it was worthy for this site too. (I miss you guys and gals)!:p

Finally, the new Accord Coupe EX-VL 6 Speed arrived in the New Bern Honda dealer and they (the dealer) called me as soon as they finished with the PDI.

I got to drive the Coupe for a good distance to test the power and handling. My wife recently purchased a new Accord sedan and the quality was matched and familiar.

The power is fantastic on the V6 Accord. The specially mated transmission is very nice with the Accord Coupe and handles the power from the 3.0 V6 very well. The transmission is nothing like the S2000. The shift throws felt far and I actually stalled the car 3 times! Of course, this Coupe only had 6 miles on the odometer, the clutch was very sensitive.

The handling of the Coupe was well accepted. Again, nothing like our S2000 (obviously) but very nice for the offering. Amenities abound in the new Accord. The 6 Speed adds some particulars for the model. Other than the 6 speed transmission that shares an S2000 shift knob, you have a carbon fiber look trim and perforated leather on the front and rear seats and wrapped steering wheel. On the exterior, very simple and nice 17" rims are added and a subtle red label on the V6 emblem.

Overall, a great car for $26k and some change. Impressive detail and quality, blended with fantastic performance and good handling. A nice choice for anyone who wants a nice 2 door coupe! Enjoy, I surely did!

BTW, if the economy was a bit better (or hell, just better), I'd definately buy this over my original idea of a 350Z beater.:thumbup: I would add a rear spoiler, splash guards and fog lamps.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
It's beautiful, Airgate! Congratulations!!
But still... Safe Piloting to you & yours!! :29:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts