Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone ever wondering if they'll fit, they do. I've search and searched for answers whether they do and found no answer so I decided to find out myself. Unfortunately, they're not just a bolt on and you'll need the following:

03-06 MDX Knuckle
03-06 MDX Caliper
03-06 Caliper Bolt
03-06 MDX Brake Pads

MDX knuckles bolt directly to the Pilot. You'll need MDX knuckles because of the different offset and bigger caliper bolts (18 vs 19). Both share the same rotors and you can reuse the Pilot's speed sensor.

As far as performance goes I'm not entirely sure. I've only had my Pilot for 6 days now and the brakes were already worn.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Great posting but..um why ? The pilot already has a duel piston setup and how much bigger are the calipers to begin with vs the Pilot's ? is it even worth it? if you're experiencing pads wearing out those $20 pads will not do for the pilot .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great posting but..um why ? The pilot already has a duel piston setup and how much bigger are the calipers to begin with vs the Pilot's ? is it even worth it? if you're experiencing pads wearing out those $20 pads will not do for the pilot .
03-08 Pilot's are only single pistons. I never experienced pads wearing out and noted that I just bought the car and the brakes were already worn out with to begin with...

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
03-08 Pilot's are only single pistons. I never experienced pads wearing out and noted that I just bought the car and the brakes were already worn out with to begin with...
Agreed I was thinking of the second Gen series ...So this was just preference then i take it ..instead of simply replacing the pads with a better quality set ..

nice setup maybe this would be a great solution to a brake upgrade to handle the bigger heavier tires that some of us ride on.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
People replaced 3d gen Maxima single piston calipers with 300 ZX dual piston calipers and their front pads started wearing much faster due to too much front end braking. This could be solved by installing the 300 ZX caliper on the rear as well.

Reactions: Tahoefever

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a CR-V with Legend dual piston calipers as well for years now and never had a problem. Keep in mind that the MDX and Pilot share the same brake setup (front rotors, rear rotors, rear pads, etc.) other than that MDX's switched to dual piston calipers after 03. I should of took a comparison picture of how much bigger MDX calipers are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts