Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to make sure Do we have 4 02 sensors ? I’m going in to replace all 4 since she’s got 200k + on the oems. I am looking at the Denso brand for them was able to locate the up stream and down from rock auto but what are the other two I should be looking for ?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Why replace them if no codes or issues with mileage or w/e?

From my experience, replacing O2 sensors is a pain in the ass and never goes well.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Yes, we have 4, but I 2nd the above post: why replace if they are fine? Are your fuel trims too high?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have two on my '04. Tie a string to the connector so that when you pull the connector through and under the car, you can tie off the string on the new sensorconnector and pull it back same path.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry forgot to add codes up to the wazzoo about the 02 sensor and now the pilot is experiencing stalls so unfortunatly i am forced to do this fix since i have inspection in two months

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Post the actual codes as you do not necessarily have a problem with the sensors only.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's for damn sure after inspection underneath ...looked at the O2 sensor and noticed the flange more like what flange ? ..

Codes : vt4
P0175 , P0172

egr , plugs , maf , replaced as part of the major maintenance , when i did the timing belt .
Possibility are the injectors going bad I have a rebuild kit on hand ... bad fuel pump... i have one of those on hand new

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
What fuel trims are you reading? If you are running too rich and reading negative trims, then I would assume it is due to leaking injectors. A bad pump won't run rich.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
simply going by what the codes say both banks are listing rich

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Trims are important as if it throws rich codes, but fuel trims are negative, then the ECU is trying to lean and cannot due to leaking injectors, I think.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agreed starting to look at just replacing the injectors since I have those also in stock as parts. Due to high mileage anyways I think it would be wise.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
While in there, you probably should replace the fuel regulator as well, as it is known to fail and requires the intake to be pulled to replace.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts