Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2022 Honda Pilot AWD Sport, Silver/Black
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm towing a UHaul trailer to help my daughter move. I do have the transmission cooler installed. I need a 0" ball mount for my 2022 Pilot AWD Sport. The best I can find is a 2" drop ball mount and a ball with 2" rise. Does no one make 0" ball mounts? Any recommendations?

TIA

· Registered
2015 Odyssey EX-L; 2015 Durango Citadel (Hemi AWD)
849 Posts
Yeah, 0" hitch isn't really a thing, at least as far as how they are advertised. The question is what height off the ground does the ball need to be to match up with the Uhaul?

The 2" drop versions effectively place the trailer ball at the height of the hitch reciever, so 0" drop in effect. Does that make sense?

Etrailer's picture example:

· Registered
2022 Honda Pilot AWD Sport, Silver/Black
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My receiver is 18" off the ground and UHaul's video says to measure from the ground to the bottom of the coupler. UHaul adivses using 18" as this height for UHaul trailers, so that's 0 drop/rise. I was hoping to avoid buying a ball with a 2" rise for a one-time deal, but I guess I just have to bite the bullet.
Thanks for your responses.

· Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
6,383 Posts
My receiver is 18" off the ground and UHaul's video says to measure from the ground to the bottom of the coupler. UHaul adivses using 18" as this height for UHaul trailers, so that's 0 drop/rise. I was hoping to avoid buying a ball with a 2" rise for a one-time deal, but I guess I just have to bite the bullet.
Thanks for your responses.

· Registered
5,795 Posts
Got something similar a few years ago that I use for utility trailers. It's been on at least 5 different vehicles and a motorhome towing smaller trailers, I wouldn't go above 5,000 lbs without getting a name brand version though - that's half what they rated mine for. It is great.

· Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
6,383 Posts
Got something similar a few years ago that I use for utility trailers. It's been on at least 5 different vehicles and a motorhome towing smaller trailers, I wouldn't go above 5,000 lbs without getting a name brand version though - that's half what they rated mine for. It is great.
I have used this for years on a multitude of vehicles. Great for helping you know where you are at.

I didn't post a link to this one as I figured the OP would swallow their tongue at the price. Well worth the money over the years for me. I also have one of these for the gooseneck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts