Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new to me 2009 front wheel drive Pilot with 84k miles. It shifts great until it reaches 70 mph then it won’t settle into a constant speed. It flutters between gears it feels like, almost like it can’t decide what gear it wants to be in. It’s not a hard jerk, more like a constant twitch or pulsing until I either press harder on the accelerator or let off the gas then it is smooth as long as I don’t stay or try to cruise in the 70-80mph range. I don’t feel a vibration in the dash or console, I feel it more in either the accelerator pedal or possibly wheel, but mostly it actually moves me in my seat. It’s like my body keeps going forward and the car delays and I actually slide forward in my seat. Below 70mph and above 80mph are fine. **Possibly related or unrelated the first time I filled up with gas I instantly had the ‘check fuel cap’ message come up along with the check engine light about 30miles later. It shows codes P0497 Evaporative Emission System Low Purge Flow and P145C Manufacturer Control.

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,651 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Do you know the last time the tranny fluid was changed?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts