Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I love my ‘05 and have 240000 miles on it. I do take care of it. Check heat even if it is warm where you are. Heater cores can clog. Very expensive to replace. Also of course crank air conditioning. It may need cabin air filter changed if blower isn’t doing what it should. Good luck. Price seems high especially if needs timing belt service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Want to know what you all think, is this purchase worth it? Or will I be in for constant expensive repairs?
Our 2005 Pilot AWD has close to 200,000 miles and has been over many rough roads! We have kept up with the general maintenence and replaced the tires as needed. Other than minor problems (like the front and rear doors don't stay open and can hit you in the shin when you get out! - and dents and scratches) have not had any major problems. Has been a great car! Plan to keep it indefinitely.
Hope yours works out for you.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Price seems high especially if needs timing belt service.
Mine was just due for the timing belt when I got it, so seller agreed to go halvsies on it and knocked $500 off the price. As soon as I got it, I got the $1000 job done. Rewarded the trusted mechanic who inspected it by giving him the job. Everybody was happy.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L
85 Posts
I paid a little over $3k for my 04 a few months ago. I wouldn't pay much over that for an '05 no matter what mileage it's got.
I paid $2,300 for my 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L about 1 a month and a half ago with 126,100 miles.

Sent from my OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition using Tapatalk

·
Registered
497 Posts
I paid $6,000 for a 2008 with 175,000 miles on it. Compared to everything within a 250 mile radius of me, it was a dang good deal! You practically stole yours.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Back then Honda salesman had it relatively ez as all the Pilots sold themselves....take a number. Mine was a weekend “special” only one color offered at special pricing LOL and no regrets.
E56CD8A3-9728-4809-8F29-F42E0A48AC81.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2006 Pilot. Love everything about it, except the gas mileage. Have had to replace the radiator :(

Bought at 105K, now at 185K. Have seen these for sale around $4k, I would push towards that. You are looking at milestone maintenance at 90K miles, could be upwards of $5K just for that.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts