Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Help! Middle-row seatbelt stuck!

10K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  sd-pilot 
#1 ·
Let me see if I can describe this...

The middle row passenger-side (the 40 side of the 60-40) seatbelt latch is stuck between the two seats. The 40 side will not slide back all the way, so it's stuck in the slider too far forward and the seatbelt latch is preventing it from sliding back. I tried all kinds of tricks with moving both seats forward/back, using a screwdriver to try to pry it out, but nothing works. I'm taking it into the dealer later today, but just thought I'd ask for help here first to see if anyone has dealt with this successfully before!

Thanks.

#2 ·
Think you're probably doin' the right thing having the service guys do it. :eek:
Maybe they'll be able to just do it without having to leave it, etc.
Wouldn't that be nice? Right.

#3 ·
When you say that you've moved the seats up and back, are you only talking about the seat back? I ask because I wonder if sliding one of the seats forward (for third row passenger loading) would provide a different movement that could possibly free it.

Is it stuck between the vinyl parts or betweent the hard backing? If it's between the backing, then popping one of the seatbacks off will should do the trick. In case you plan to pull the seatback yourself, here's a diagram that shows what direction the backing would need to be moved in order to release the clips.

Chris

Attachments

#4 ·
The nylon strap for the latch is going between the rails and the latch is stuck under the rails between the seats. I was sliding both seats forward and backward to try to free the latch and the 40 side is actually stuck forward. It no longer slides backward because the latch gets wedged between the seats.

I noticed that there's an elastic piece on the seat where we SHOULD have stored the latch when we were driving the kids around in limo-mode (two kids in the very back with the middle seat folded down). I'm not sure how the latch even got down there...but with an 8-year old and a 5-year old anything is possible.

#5 ·
Gotcha. The lesson here is to never trust creatures that shove peas up their nose.

If I understand you correctly, its actually down between the seats and stuck on the seat framing rails? If so I would think that one of the seats need to be removed (or at least loosened) to gain access. Just let the dealer do it if you aren't comfortable with taking seats out.

Chris

#6 ·
Dealer got it fixed (though it wasn't easy for them either!) There was damage to the belt latch, so they ordered a replacement and at the same time I told them to order the shims for my driver seat loosness and I'll get that fixed when the new latch comes in.

Thanks for the help...and BEWARE the latch-eating seats!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.