VCM disable - a new and better way - Page 67 - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
post #991 of 1062 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 02:08 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can I order direct as well? I'm in Las Vegas, Nv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:21 AM

Does this device work with the 2016-2017 Pilot? Thanks.
post #993 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 01:52 PM

Well, I received mine this week for a 2015 Pilot EX-L. Put it in this morning, took about 2 minutes. Did not have to remove the engine cover. I've only drove it about 10 miles around town, just checking it out. Also spent about 10 minutes each idling at 2 separate stops while my wife ran in stores.

Verdict so far: It is AWESOME. Runs great, has not shifted into VCM once yet. Running very smooth. I look forward to further driving and testing it but the first impression is great!

I do have to say that it is very cold here today (35 degree outside, usually about 55) so we'll see but I am very pleased so far. I started with the blue resister, as recommended.

post #994 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:40 AM

I have had my muzzler since July 2015 and have driven 22,000 miles on my 2011 Pilot. I have had no issues at all. The eco light rarely displays, and it has never engaged the VCM causing the vibration. I would highly recommend this product!

Last edited by mlewisr; 01-08-2017 at 09:44 AM.
post #995 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:56 AM

Mine is one the way -- looking forward to getting it installed on my '10 & disabling the "error that Honda made"! It's obvious that Verbatim has done the research and produces a quality "solution", AND he sure does make it a pleasure & easy to do biz! ;-) Mc
post #996 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpilot2 View Post
Mine is one the way -- looking forward to getting it installed on my '10 & disabling the "error that Honda made"! It's obvious that Verbatim has done the research and produces a quality "solution", AND he sure does make it a pleasure & easy to do biz! ;-) Mc

Agree with you. Mine is on the way too. Only had my 14 pilot for about 2 months but can't wait to "fix" it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #997 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbatim View Post
Obviously, I'm a bit biased with my answer, but the maxlink is a copy of my first generation model. It does not have replaceable resistors, to my knowledge, unless they've copied my Gen II model as well (wouldn't surprise me). Not meaning to bad mouth anyone, but it's a shame people can't come up with their own ideas.
Agree, that looks exactly the same as my Gen1 Muzzler.

Sorry, I was referring to below post;

"Originally Posted by JRN78 View Post
Hey guys just want to see what you think. I found this website How to Purchase - Disable (VCM) Variable Cylinder Management for a VCM disabler. My question is do I go with the VCM MUZZLER 2 or do I go with the MAXILINK. If I go with the MUZZLER how much is it and how can I get one. Any help would be greatly appreciated."

Last edited by exonw; 01-11-2017 at 02:02 PM.
post #998 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:33 AM

I have a question for all folks who currently have it installed:

Did you buy it due to the vibrations due to VCM, or to get all 6 cylinders available all the time?

I have a later year 2015. I simply do not observe any shudder vibrations in my vehicle. I am not against improving performance if that is what VCMMuzzler ends up doing.

For those who have it installed for a while, apart from loss of vibrations that you used to have prior to install, do you feel the car has "more power" due to all cylinders being available?
post #999 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 11:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
I have a question for all folks who currently have it installed:

Did you buy it due to the vibrations due to VCM, or to get all 6 cylinders available all the time?

I have a later year 2015. I simply do not observe any shudder vibrations in my vehicle. I am not against improving performance if that is what VCMMuzzler ends up doing.

For those who have it installed for a while, apart from loss of vibrations that you used to have prior to install, do you feel the car has "more power" due to all cylinders being available?
I bought my 2012 with 33K on the odometer. I could really feel the vibration when the VCM would turn off, not so much when it came on. I drove for 11K, 8 months, with out the Muzzler. Mechanic said the vibration and loss of power was normal at those speeds.

It drove me nuts.

Since installing it 12,000 miles ago, I can honestly say the pilot is much more responsive and powerful. All 6 cylinders makes a huge difference.

I just did 1162 miles in 16 1/2 hours Sunday. Average speed was 80+MPH, A loarge part of that driving was on California hwy 99, a straight road going up and down central Cali. I was able to comfortably pass cars napping in the left lane, punching it to 85+ without a hitch, tons of power, very responsive.

I able to climb the big hill leading to Vegas (40+ miles, steady climb) on I15, keeping up with the big BMW's and Mercedes without issue, doing 85 to 90 with the much more expensive and powerful cars and trucks. No struggle at all. And still got 24MPG.

The Muzzler is a great invention.

The guy who invented it is a genius.

USAF (ret.)
2012 EX-L
Dark Amber Metalic
post #1000 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 11:30 AM

I bought my VCMuzzler because I wanted to hopefully avoid the disaster of paying to replace pistons down the road. Read more or less an engine rebuild. Internal combustion engines are NOT designed to run for long on dead cylinders like when VCM is active especially when the SAME cylinders are deactivated each time. Oil builds up in the cylinder that is usually burned off in a full time firing cylinder and when the cylinder is activated due to demand for power, the spark plug can sometimes get fouled to the point of being unable to fire that cylinder. When this happens, raw fuel is injected into the cylinder and NOT burned thus causing what in the diesel industry is something very similar if not the same......cylinder wash down. The raw fuel washes the oil down and dilutes it to the point that piston ring lubrication is marginal and usually lost. If this continues for very long, compression is compromised and eventually lost in that cylinder, requiring piston and ring replacement which also includes or SHOULD include ALL pistons, rings, bearings, head gasket, cylinder head inspection & truing as needed.......like I initially said, a full engine rebuild if the mechanic or company standing behind the warranty has any integrity & morals. GM and Dodge have learned this the hard way.

Once an engine has been rebuilt by the dealer in the halfassed fashion they warranty the VCM problems, the engine is NEVER the same and NEVER as good as it was new. If the Honda dealers stood behind their warranty like they should, they would install a BRAND NEW crate engine.

The elimination of the terrible hesitation, much more responsive performance, and vibration caused by VCM are just a collateral benefit in my opinion.
post #1001 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 02:12 PM

Would like to order directly. I am in NJ (07065). Can you contact me with your information to purchase?

2013 EXL
Alabaster Silver/w black leather interior
Full LED interior lights
Philips CrystalVision Ultra Headlight, Fogs & DRL's
Weathertech mats
Honda lighted running boards
post #1002 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Martinez View Post
Would like to order directly. I am in NJ (07065). Can you contact me with your information to purchase?

Pm Verbatim directly.

2005 Pilot Exl Res
2016 CRV Touring
post #1003 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
Pm Verbatim directly.
Just did thanks!

2013 EXL
Alabaster Silver/w black leather interior
Full LED interior lights
Philips CrystalVision Ultra Headlight, Fogs & DRL's
Weathertech mats
Honda lighted running boards
post #1004 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 05:40 PM

I have had it the muzler in for 7 months now and I like it alot. However lately it feels like the VCM is kicking in but no ECO light comes on. I see my RPMs drop to under 2K...any thoughts. I live in New England and have the blue cap on
post #1005 of 1062 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 09:42 AM

That's most likely the torque converter locking up. It's normal for it to become more noticeable as the car ages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: