BlueTooth connectivity problem :( - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

Register Home Forums Active Topics Insurance Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Piloteers.org is the premier Honda Pilot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default BlueTooth connectivity problem :(

Hello all new meber to these forums. We just recently purchased our '13 Pilot and love every thing about it, well so far.
Over the last week or two I have been having a problem with beign able to connect and stay connected via blue tooth i have a HTC EVO 4G LTE and my wife has a Galaxy
The phones will connect but then disconnect on there own. Not sure why, and also at times when we get back in the vehicle and start up niether of the phones will sync at all.

thanks
Nomad
nomad_6010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Nomad,

I picked up a new Pilot this past weekend, and I am having similar issues. I have been able to pair both my iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S III. I have only experienced one bluetooth disconnect. The bigger issue is the I cannot get the phones to 'connect' consistently when I start the car in the morning. Since Sunday, it has only connected once in the morning, but will in subsequent re-starts later in the day. I have tried both phones, wiped out bluetooth profiles on each, performed soft resets on each, and attempted to clear profiles on the Pilot - all with no success. I am unable to re-pair either phone when the system is in the 'state' of being unable to find the phone. I will be headed to the dealer tomorrow morning to attempt to explain all of this...

Jeff
jwengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have a Galaxy S III also, and had the same problem. My problem now is that all of my phone contacts don't show. I tried deleting the phone completely and then reinstalling. Still have the same issue. Missing numbers from my contacts.
Brownhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have an iPhone 4 and my wife has an Evo LTE.

The Evo LTE is nearly unintelligible via Bluetooth. Really terrible call quality and the other party can barely make anything out.

The iPhone 4 works fine.
fiveskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

IMO, It's all about the phone vs. the car, in most cases I have found that the cars will always sync with a phone that is compatible IF you are following the steps properly. For those that do not know Honda Cars - New and Certified Used Cars from American Honda
GuineusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Droid2 global, and my wife's Droid Razr Maxx connect and work fine. Audio quality is excellent, both calls and streaming. I have the EX. The head unit on it is different from say, Touring. Main and only real gripe I got is there is about 3-second delay between pressing a button on the wheel and signal transmitted to the phone.
Honda unit is definitely not the only one with problems. I have a Pioneer AVP-2400BT in the other car, and while there is no lag between button presses and command going to phone there, the connection goes 'sour' on a regular basis. Roughly once a month, the audio starts to stutter horribly, and then the phone stops connecting at all, and pairing has to be deleted and re-established.

Did not try connecting an iPhone, but our iPod classic works very well via USB.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Garage
Default Re: BlueTooth connectivity problem :(

I have a 2012 EX-L RES and a galaxy S3. At first (when I got the phone) I couldn't get my contacts to load. What I ended up having to do was look at the phone when in the pilot and connected to Bluetooth. It had a pop up that was asking for permission to share with Bluetooth device. Once I gave the phone permission I no longer had connection or sharing issues. I don't know if that will fix your problem, but hopefully it helps!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Onyx2082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: