LX Owners - check in here! - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

Register Home Forums Active Topics Insurance Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Piloteers.org is the premier Honda Pilot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking LX Owners - check in here!

Got the Pilot due to the growing family and have not one regret. Knew that it is going to get beat up and do heavy lifting. (12K miles in 5 mos!) At $26K + TTL, could not pass up.

That being said - every other car I've ever had has been fully loaded with every option - and now a bit envious of all the Touring's I see on the road

Wondering what, if any plans the rest of you have for the truck to compete with our brothers out there?

My list so far:

Entertainment - Portable DVD player from walmart $40.00
Navi - Garmin from Frys $150.00
Paint Side Molding to match body - DIY soon
Exhaust tips - watching craigslist
09+ Rims to replace steelies - watching craigslist

For now - shying away from roof rails and fog lights
what? is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 03:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

I also usually get a more loaded car but couldn't pass on the discount for the lx. I wanted to add chrome or color match the black trims like side moldings, door handles, and side mirrors. Now I decided that I like them black and they goes nicely with my black wheels. Did add oem exhaust tips, fogs, running board, and window visors.
Kenspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

I really like my LX, and added some options which were my choice, and price. It seemed like the right "timing" also had to do something with it.

Unca Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

I've never been big on bells and whistles. My only must-haves for a car are a/c and cruise control. My smart phone does nav and music. I didn't want to spend an extra 10k for a vehicle of same utility that would last exactly as long. Not to say touring wouldn't be nice to drive, but I wouldn't want to pay the price.
I did put in the trailer harness and would like the fog lights but they're a tad pricey new.

Last edited by Arizonaadam; 04-11-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Arizonaadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Im2c0oL Send a message via Yahoo to Im2c0oL

I'm in process of buying a 2012 Pilot but still deciding either an LX or EX-L I'm digging the foglight and the leather seats, and I see the EX+ has Multi-Reflector Halogen Headlights with Auto-On/Off does that make a big different? I'm really concern about night time lighting. I haven't yet able to take a look at an LX in person yet, only EX and above, their cloth seat material seems really easy to get dirty and harder to clean to what I see vs my 08 Pilot cloth seat material a bit better I think, I'm not sure... I want to hear some feedback from LX owner with cloths seats, specially the color I want come with beige interior...

RX330 AFS + TSX-R + Curve Shield | Hella Gen 3 55w | Osram CBI 5500k | Putco 2800k H11 Fog
Im2c0oL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

As far as I'm aware all Pilot models have the same halogen headlights. They are bright enough. The lx have auto off and on.
Seat fabric are ok and not any harder to clean then any other fabric. I've the grey fabric and it's a lighter grey so it's easier to get dirty/notice more. I'm in the process of getting seat covers since I like a darker interior and protection for the seats.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

Garage

would be nice if someone make real nice leather seat cover with stock fitting for LX-EX

RX330 AFS + TSX-R + Curve Shield | Hella Gen 3 55w | Osram CBI 5500k | Putco 2800k H11 Fog
Old 04-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

My one gripe with what I suspect is due to cloth seats is that they cause me to have a static shock every time I get out of the vehicle. Otherwise - they're comfy and easy to clean.

I'm also a no-frills type of person - the one feature that I miss most on my LX is steering wheel audio controls - volume and changing radio channel.

To poster that was concerned about fog lights - I'm sure you can easily purchase OEM or aftermarkets in the event you purchase an LX.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

Here are some really Happy LX owners, at the end of the day "you get what you pay for".
The reason for me not buying LX trim are the wheels, those are some Ugly wheels of LX.
If you are trying to save money then the answer is KIA RONDO, this also hauls as much cargo as Pilot.
I see all the LX owners deep down there heart dig at least EX if not EXL
PILOT_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Garage

I just got off the phone with the dealer said that they have a dark cherry LX 4WD available for me, when I did actually look at local inventory for up to 300miles shows no 4WD, also ask if leather seat can be an option add-on for $1100 or $1200 to get leather seat on the LX, but i'm not sure if that will come with power seat and heating. any input?

Old 04-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefuls1n View Post
would be nice if someone make real nice leather seat cover with stock fitting for LX-EX
Check out Clazzio. Nice fit and reasonably price. Only thing is they make them for 09-11. For '12 the middle and third row headrest are different so the headrest covers will not fit. Regardless, I put in an order and will get them in a few weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PILOT_2012 View Post
Here are some really Happy LX owners, at the end of the day "you get what you pay for".
The reason for me not buying LX trim are the wheels, those are some Ugly wheels of LX.
If you are trying to save money then the answer is KIA RONDO, this also hauls as much cargo as Pilot.
I see all the LX owners deep down there heart dig at least EX if not EXL
I really wanted an EX but none available in the colors I wanted. Went with the lx since the dealer offered a nice discount. The saving allowed me to get the wheels and accessories I want.
Kia Rondo isn't in the same league as the Pilot.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #12 (permalink)

You saved money with LX, but guess what when you plan to trade this Pilot you will get the price of LX not EX or EXL even though you put new wheels or leather.
I agree with you Kia Rondo is not in the same category but i mean if you really want to save money this is the best one.
PILOT_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILOT_2012 View Post
You saved money with LX, but guess what when you plan to trade this Pilot you will get the price of LX not EX or EXL even though you put new wheels or leather.
I agree with you Kia Rondo is not in the same category but i mean if you really want to save money this is the best one.
True you pay less and get less when you trade. I never trade in with added accessories unless they can't be sold to someone or worn out.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenspilot View Post
True you pay less and get less when you trade. I never trade in with added accessories unless they can't be sold to someone or worn out.

+1 here. I don't think any reasonable owner would expect EX/EX-L/Touring value for an LX.

I always keep my OEM accessories to replace when selling. In many cases, aftermarket accessories make a vehicle harder to move when selling.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonaadam View Post
I've never been big on bells and whistles. My only must-haves for a car are a/c and cruise control. My smart phone does nav and music. I didn't want to spend an extra 10k for a vehicle of same utility that would last exactly as long. Not to say touring wouldn't be nice to drive, but I wouldn't want to pay the price.
I did put in the trailer harness and would like the fog lights but they're a tad pricey new.

I'm the same. The only thing I wish mine had was bluetooth connectivity, but I'm ok just plugging my phone into the Aux jack. I bought the LX partly as a family hauler, but also as something I could put sheets of plywood and drywall in, run stuff to the dump, haul some wet dogs back and forth to the lake, etc. We've got a nicer car for nights out, client lunches, etc. I really have no regrets buying the LX. A 4wd 2011 brand new for $25k was too good to pass up.
KansasPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: