Join Date: Mar 2017
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I do it quite often when fishing for a weekend. I've learned a few tricks.
1. I've learned it best to move the front seats all the way forward when time to sleep. I also move the seat backs forward so this gives me a lot more space.
2. I leave the smaller portion of the back seat up so I can use that area to sit, change clothes, put shoes on, etc. Also it is a lot easier to get in and out of the car for a potty break!
3. Behind the driver's seat, I put a camp pad down and then use twin sheets, blankets, pillows from home. I find them so much more comfortable than a sleeping bag...but I'm over 6' tall and hate being confined in a sleeping bag.
4. I've also drained the battery by leaving the radio on all night.... Don't do that.
5. I find this arrangement very comfortable and much better than a tent. Close the doors, lock it up, and enjoy the peace and quiet with no fear of rain or putting away a wet tent after a weekend.
6. If you lock the doors at night...don't forget that the security alarm will go off when you get out to go pee in the middle of the night unless you unlock the doors first with the key.
Anyway, it works great for me! Capacity of one adult in comfort.