Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2013 Honda Pilot EX Seat Cover Install... Many Pictures

25K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  ElginPilot 
#1 ·
As a Christmas gift for my wife I bought some Cal Trend Sports Tex Seat Covers from Autoanything. CalTrend SportsTex Mesh Seat Covers - Best Price on Caltrend Mesh Auto Seat Covers

They arrived in three days and we are 100% satisfied with our purchase. We saved 20% on our total order with free shipping...what a deal.

We decided to get these Sport Tex covers because our light gray interior was staining so easily. It was an easier decision when I saw AutoAnything offer a 20% discount, 15% discount now (28 Dec 2013).

Now for the install.
I was going to scan the directions but they are pretty straight forward. In fact I never even looked at them because the install is fairly easy, just time consuming if you are doing it by yourself.

1. Lay out the seat covers so you know you have all the necessary covers
2. Vacuum the seats prior to installing seat covers
3. Remove all the head rests
4. Have a spare light allowing you to see under the seats
5. Apply the top or bottom seat cover
a. Bottom seat covers have 3 straps
b. Top seat covers have velcro that when routed between top and bottom of the seat will attach on the back side of the seat.
6. When routing the straps ensure you route the straps as close to the bottom of the seat as possible and not through wires, seat pull adjustment lever, and definitely not under the seat rail.
7. Install the seat bottom completely before finishing the top. This will ensure the bottom is tight then you can make the top fit tight/snug.

There is no true science to installing these seat covers. Removing the seats could have made this task easier but that is time consuming as well. Therefore I chose to do the install with the seats in. Your fingers will get tired because you have to pull and push the fabric and straps through small areas.

Total Install Time: 1hr 30min while taking pictures.

Now for the Pictures...Enjoy,

Front Straps, route these to the rear of the seat.

Back of the rear passenger seat

Side strap

Rear seat arm rest...

Rear seat, routing the top between the top of the seat and the bottom. Once you get the top portion through and the bottom portion through, they will velcro together on the back. Easier if you tilt the seat forward.

See less See more
#5 ·
The wife drove the Pilot all day yesterday and she loves the covers. She is 5'2" and when she does exit the Pilot she rubs the seat when exiting. The seat covers don't slide at all and they are pretty thick material. I will continue to update on durability.

#6 ·
Very nice, got the honda ones for the back seat (wet suit material), now need the front ones, these look good!

#9 · (Edited)
2013 Honda Pilot EX Seat Cover Install

Well fellow Piloteers, got my seat covers yesterday and installed them today. Ordered same ones Armystrong got for his Pilot but in black to match my black door arm rest and black leather center console led. Took about an hour or so to get them install and they are a tight fit. Very good Material and they stay in place. Didn't go into detail install since Armystrong pretty much cover that when he installed his. Very pleased with my purchase thanks to Armystrong sharing his seat cover info. So, here are some pics.

P.S. The airborne front head rest covers over the actual head covers is just a add on. But I'm going to have my wife cut the wings and sew them on the actual head rest cover just for the front seats.

Attachments

#10 ·
Joe8282....Looks Nice! The only hard part I found about this install was routing the pull straps on the side of the passenger and driver side seats to the opposite side. The only other thing I can think of that required a little bit of effort was pushing the hook and pile (velcro) ends in between the top part of the seat and the seat bottom to connect them on the back side of the seat. Not difficult, just required a little bit of effort to get the seat cover nice and tight.
Really glad you like the seat covers. Making a recommendation on seat covers and like you have with your recent running boards purchase, you hate to hear someone bought the same thing and didn't like it. So glad you like the covers!!!

#11 ·
Very nice, going to get the front ones. Thank you for the information. When we bought the SUV we got the 2nd row Honda seat covers, they are nice, wet suit material.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.