Subwoofer is not working - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

Register Home Forums Active Topics Insurance Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Piloteers.org is the premier Honda Pilot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-19-2011, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Subwoofer is not working

I just bought a 2009 Touring and have owned it for about three hours. On the way home from the dealership I was playing with the audio settings and noticed that the stereo sounded like ass! The bass was non existent and the touring model comes with a subwoofer. When I got home I checked the sub and couldn't hear anything coming out of it. I checked the fuse and it was good. Any suggestions on what to do from here or should I just bring it back to the dealer?
thunder290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Double/triple check the audio settings and if that doesn't do it, take it back.

I once thought my rear right speaker was out, but somehow my fader/balance was set that way somehow. Stupid me >.<
Hakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

My 2011 EX-L w/o RES has great bass and subwoofer works. There is a seperate bass & subwoofer adjustment...double check that the sub is set to +6

2013 Accord EX-L
Alabaster Silver Metallic
Black Leather
NYHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

I checked everything 20+ times. Bass is all the way up and the sub is all the way up, fade is in the center, left to right is in the center...etc. There isn't any sound coming from the subwoofer. I even checked the subwoofer location with a flashlight to make sure it is there and it is. The last thing I want to do is sit at the dealership for four hours. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder290 View Post
I checked everything 20+ times. Bass is all the way up and the sub is all the way up, fade is in the center, left to right is in the center...etc. There isn't any sound coming from the subwoofer. I even checked the subwoofer location with a flashlight to make sure it is there and it is. The last thing I want to do is sit at the dealership for four hours. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
If you feel the need, pull the right side panels to get to the sub-woofer, unbolt it, unplug the feed wire and check across the sub-woofer's connectors 1 and 2 for resistance...should be about 2 ohms if not get a new sub....
RSQ Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

I don't know if you Pilot has the RES (rear entertainment system) or not but if it does check to make sure the "Rear Power" button is not on. The button is located on 2011 in the center stack next to the DVD button. I tested it out my Pilot and when I hit the rear power button the subwoofer and rear speakers cut out and resume once the button pressed again.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

I don't have the rear entertainment system. I'll just bring it back to the "Stealer" and let them take it apart. Thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: