Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2012 Prices Paid . . .

51K views 178 replies 88 participants last post by  Konafied 
#1 ·
I'll start the 2012 "price" thread as I don't believe I've seen it yet. I'm looking at a Touring, waiting to see when USAA gets the 2012's loaded in their system to see what price their buying service comes back with. I hate being one of the new model suckers but I was happy with the changes Honda made for this year. Keeping the 5 speed kept the cost down, and the dash/electronics package looks to be a step in the right direction. I drove one last week and was really impressed. Quieter than I expected given all the previous feedback and plenty powerful considering I won't be drag racing on the weekends. I like the simple things like the shifter on the dash to free up center storage space - - it's a little thing but I think I'll appreciate it every day. I'll post when I purchase, anyone that already got their wheels let us know. Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
I've been waiting too! I was going to start a threat asking this too! I've gotten 4 quotes for the 4wd 2012 Touring, the lowest being $38,900 including dest. I have another dealer that wants $39,900 and they give (free) a unlimited years/100,000 warranty as well as a Tire Care package, where they'll replace your tires for any reason up to 4 years. I have a feeling that this "free" offer is built into the price. Trying to get them to match the other offer. If someone can get find something better, please let me know. They both want a $500 deposit to hold the color touring that I want. I'm just wondering if I should do that because.. 1. I'm trying to sell my '05 Cr-v on my own, but if I can't, I may have to trade it in. 2. I want to get options installed close to cost or free if I can. 3. Work out financing. Sorry for the long post, thanks for any help.

#4 ·
$38900 sounds about right for the 2012 Touring. I'm getting ready to order in a couple weeks and I got some verbal quotes a couple days ago for the different trims. The average discount was about $1700-2000 off MSRP. That amount of discount only applies if you finance through Honda though.

FWIW: On trading your car in, I've gone back and forth on trading vs. selling my existing car on my own. I decided against selling it on my own because when you trade it in, you only get taxed (sales tax) on the difference between the new car price and the trade-in value. If I were to sell the car on my own, the extra money I could get would be about the same as the extra sales tax on the new Pilot if I weren't doing a trade in. And when I trade it in, I don't have to worry about all the extra work associated with listing, showing, selling the old car, transferring the title, etc.

#169 ·
$38900 sounds about right for the 2012 Touring. I'm getting ready to order in a couple weeks and I got some verbal quotes a couple days ago for the different trims. The average discount was about $1700-2000 off MSRP. That amount of discount only applies if you finance through Honda though.

FWIW: On trading your car in, I've gone back and forth on trading vs. selling my existing car on my own. I decided against selling it on my own because when you trade it in, you only get taxed (sales tax) on the difference between the new car price and the trade-in value. If I were to sell the car on my own, the extra money I could get would be about the same as the extra sales tax on the new Pilot if I weren't doing a trade in. And when I trade it in, I don't have to worry about all the extra work associated with listing, showing, selling the old car, transferring the title, etc.

I don't know about that. I've ordered a 2012 4WD Touring at $36617 then added options for $704. The stealership was only offering $2500 for my trade-in, which as you say lowers my taxes. I decided to sell my truck on my own and got $4000 for it. Now my taxes for the Touring goes up by $162.00 since I took off the trade-in. In essence, I got $1500 more for my truck, but have to pay $162 for taxes. Hmmmm, I'll take that trade off anytime.

#5 ·
Peyton - no worries - the more information that is out there the better. Mudbog - agree with you. I hate to trade in for less money, but the tax implications and overall headache of selling on my own will probably lead me down that path as well. Submitted pricing request this morning through USAA and my e-mail has blown up with immediate responses (but no prices yet)

#6 ·
Thanks Case, just so you know, I just checked Consumer Reports, who uses Zag and True Car and they have the 2012 listed, plus dealers in the program, just no price-waiting to hear from the dealers. CR didn't have a listing last night, so it's promising. Let me know what you get.

#7 ·
Case, just so you know, after speaking to Consumer Reports and asking about 2012 pricing, I also emailed Edmunds yesterday complaining ( well, actually asking why new prices weren't up ) and I just got an email 5 minutes ago from edmunds' pricing manager and he said that they just released their TMV pricing for the 2012 4WD Touring and it comes in at: $40,929. I checked it 30 mins prior and it was still blank, so I would like to think that I helped them to get pricing available.. Anyway, just got the quote from the dealer that I was waiting for and they didn't match the $38,990, but $39,290, which may be good enough, as I'll have to decide whether it's worth driving an hour to save $300. Good Luck, I'll let you know what happens.

#12 ·
Hey guys, I'm new here and wanted to say what's up. Have had a 2007 4WD EX-L Nav since late 2006. Just traded it today for a 2012 4WD EX-L with Nav.....Got it for $35,000.

My dealer doesn't have any 2012's yet so I'm still in decision between it and a Touring......Although, the EX-L pretty much gives me everything I want.

I am interested in checking out the differences in the sound system for both cars, can anyone chime in on the EX-L's vs the Touring's system, or maybe that is a new thread?

#13 ·
Yes - they have narrowed the gap considerably between the Touring and the EX-L. For me roof rack is a must, memory seats are a really nice to have, and I'm interested in hearing the stereo difference - though the EX-L sounded good. Parking sensors seem like overkill with the backup camera, but maybe not. For me it just boils down to the fact that I know I'm going to have this vehicle for a LONG time so I don't want to regret anything. Dealers around here more than willing to meet USAA price - but boy do they take it out on the trade in. Having to rethink strategy and may end up selling on my own rather than trading in.

#14 ·
Hello, everyone. Yesterday I took a ride down to a Boston dealer for a test drive on a EX-L . It drove very very nice, a lot quieter than the Toyota Highlander and it feels more luxurious than the Highlander. We are going for the Touring trim model. The problem is that we want it in White diamond pearl and the sales guy told us that they are not even in production yet! that they will start production on these white models in early October and will be delivered at the end of October. Is anyone facing this same problem? I will be going to another dealer this weekend and If this one tells me the same thing I might just order one. What do you guys think? By the way, dealer I saw just told me that they would call me once the white diamond pearls start arriving at the dealership in october, I guess they want the sell what they have now....

#15 ·
From what I was told by my dealer, the white diamond pearl, dark cherry II, and dark amber were being built in mid-october, still trying to decide which color to pick. Every dealer that I spoke to wanted $500 for a deposit as they say the colors are limited. A couple of dealers showed me their computers and it did seem like there were only a small number available. I don't know if these go by region, state or what, but I can't imagine only a handful of select colors being made for sale in october.

#21 · (Edited)
New here, used to own 1996 Acura TL with 174k miles I traded in today for 2012 4WD pilot touring, polished metallic/grey, $37350 plus tax. I'm picking up next week, but I'm still undecided on 8yr/100kmiles $1200 extended warranty and $600 environment (rust etc) plan dealer is pitching. Any advise on the warranty will be appreciated.

#24 ·
My Zag Report said in Raleigh, NC The 2012 Touring Model is going for:
$36,192 Price
$498 Doc Fee
$1,300 Tax
$37,990

#28 ·
Touring 4WD

Hey All,

New to the forum, but have been following a lot of the threads trying to decide between a Ford Explorer 2012 and the Honda Pilot Touring 4WD 2012.

Yesterday, kind of on a whim, went in and ordered a Touring 2012 4WD for $42000 OTD (including tax, title, dest fee and doc fee). I put $500 down for the dealer to order and will lose $250 of that if I change my mind.

Not sure I got a great deal (in fact I feel like $40K out the door might have been a great deal), but it was a pretty painless process. Just thought I would put this out there to get some feedback from more experienced car buyers on the price--since I can always change my mind or go to another dealer to try for a better deal.

#31 ·
Nice dude, that sounds like a great deal.....Is that for a 4wd nav?

I thought I got a good deal...haha....35,000 for 4wd nav and 12,500 for my 07 4wd nav with 100,000 miles.......

But I told them I would rather have a pol metal 4wd touring and they told me it was 2500 more...so that's 37,500 plus the 12,500 for the trade.....seems like a decent deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.