Need Help reseting the oil maintenance reminder - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

Register Home Forums Active Topics Insurance Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Piloteers.org is the premier Honda Pilot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-06-2010, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Need Help reseting the oil maintenance reminder

I have a 2010 Pilot EX-L and have just changed the oil/filter myself. Now I'm trying to reset the oil life back to 100%, but following the instructions in the manual won't work. I turn the key so that the pilot electronics come on, then hold the reset button in for 10 sec. The oil life starts blinking, if you push the reset button in again for 5 sec, it just goes back to 15%. the current display shows "A 16" then 15% oil life. It looks like the system toggles from oil life to outside temperature to CANCEL.

Any help would be appreciated.
kcsheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2010, 08:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsheff View Post
I have a 2010 Pilot EX-L and have just changed the oil/filter myself. Now I'm trying to reset the oil life back to 100%, but following the instructions in the manual won't work. I turn the key so that the pilot electronics come on, then hold the reset button in for 10 sec. The oil life starts blinking, if you push the reset button in again for 5 sec, it just goes back to 15%. the current display shows "A 16" then 15% oil life. It looks like the system toggles from oil life to outside temperature to CANCEL.

The mechanic forgot to reset mine after the last oil change. The service manager came out to reset it for me as I couldn't get it to work either. He held it down for much longer than 10 seconds and it finally reset to 100%. I'd have another go and just hold it - after what may seem like an eternity (30 seconds to a minute maybe?) it should change.

Not an expert, but hopefully might help to get it reset for you.
Dutchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsheff View Post

have someone read the directions to you from your owners manual.
hondapilotjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: