Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Error code p3400

22K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jochute 
#1 ·
Last Monday while I am driving to home suddenly check engine and VTM-4 lights came on , and when I checked the error code and it was P 3400 then I have erased the error and continue driving the car then on next day the alarm came again and then I take the car to the dealer and they told me that i have to replace front and rear spool valve and total will cost with labor charge around 1500$, I found the parts on amazon and it is cost almost 350$ but it will take almost week to reach to UAE , is it safe to drive the car during that time? is it possible to repair the spool valve?

#2 ·
That code can be triggered by many things.
You need to work through the list of possible causes a step at a time, starting with low oil level.

Defective cylinder deactivation solenoid
An open or short in the cylinder deactivation solenoid harness
A bad electrical connection in the cylinder deactivation solenoid circuit
Defective mass airflow sensor
Defective throttle position sensor
Defective intake control manifold absolute pressure sensor
Defective lifters
Restricted oil passages
Low engine oil level
Poor oil pressure on the lifters

#3 ·
I had this on a 2011 Odyssey 2 years or so ago.

It was a defective oil pressure switch on the cylinder head. The switch controlled VCM activation. When this particular switch failed, the engine was running on 3 cylinders ALL THE TIME.

#5 ·
I have replaced the spool valves and drive around 65 km after the change, still the check engine light not coming again but i am feeling like little vibration on small speeds, or may be it is normal not sure. the mechanic who changed the spool valve told me if the error came again he is going to open the whole engine and will replace the oil pump and if the error came after that I have to replace the whole engine core :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.