Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Roof rack crossmembers

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  cdubea 
#1 ·
I just realized that my 04 pilot doesn't have cross members on my roof rack. What is the cheapest / easiest way to get cross members? Will any from other years fit my 04 if I found them in a junkyard? Thanks!

#3 ·
I got a set from LTSport.com that fit my '05 Pilot fine. They seem to be good to go, especially for the price. I had to contact their customer service because I lost one of the adapter plate insert thingies and they got back to me in just a few hours and sent me another one for free. I got the 54" inch ones. As far as I can tell they're not model specific, but you can find them for the Pilot even though the Make/Model dropdowns don't have Honda in them.

#10 ·
Hey! I just received my set last week (for 2005 Pilot) off of Ebay. The set had no washers or lock washers, but that's an easy fix. My issue is that the bars seem too short for the factory rails. Do the rails need to be coaxed into position?
Can you measure the distance between bolts on your two rails? I'm curious whether they sent rails too short for my Pilot.

Thanks in advance.
-Brad

#11 ·
Mine showed up on Wednesday.

I had all the appropriate hardware, but experienced the same thing as you.

The front bar installed with two screws in both sides, but the rear bar did not have enough length to use both screws in the side with the adjustment slots. I've got a message into the seller about that.

Looking at the Honda instructions, they indicate that the Honda version has only one screw, and it's to be left loosish to allow for vehicle flex. They do have additional screws securing the holders to the channels. I suspect having one screw is perfectly fine, but if I get a response from the vendor I'll post it.

Other than that, mine went on fairly well except that the body shop had glued the front caps on when they reinstalled them after the car was painted last summer. One I got off cleanly, the other side, I broke the tab which inserts into the channel as it was glued in :(

Unfortunately, I don't see just the front caps for sale at Bernardi and the new roof racks being sold are completely different.... If they become a problem, I'll glue them down as well...

#13 ·
Finally got feedback from the E-Bay seller. Installing the crossbars with only one screw is fine.

These are definite not Honda quality, but they are Honda priced either. The coating on the end fittings is very fragile. But it is a roof rack for hauling stuff that won't fit in the car, so I'm happy.

cheers,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.