Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

No-tamper seat bolts

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  cdubea 
#1 · (Edited)
All,

I would like to use one of the seat bolts to mount a stalk to use for my cell phone holster on my MY2005 EXL.

The bolts are evidently anti-tamper as they are a Torx looking drive with a stud in the center.

Does anyone know where can I buy a tool to loosen these?

thanks

#3 ·
Just search "tamper resistant torx bit" or "tamper proof torx bit"......then you will just need to figure out the size :shrug:

#5 ·
Will do. I had it mounted under the bottom seat bolt. It worked okay, but the plastic fascia under the seat wouldn't completely reattach.

So I got the torx tamper from Home Depot and decided to relocate the stalk to the higher bolt with the bracket sticking out the top of the fascia.

When I had installed the stalk on the lower bolt, I had closed the metal bottom bracket up a bit with a hammer.

To use it on the upper bolt, it needed to be back to the original shape. When bending it back, it broke at the bend. :frown: Prolly should have heated it up....

So, I've got a message into Arkon about buying another foot bracket.

#6 ·
Haven't forgotten about this. It took Arkon a week to respond and they are just going to send me new brackets for free, so I can't complain.

I've got a custom designed holder for my phone which I 3D printed that I've been testing. I've got the holder designed to hold a wireless charging puck so all I have to do is drop my phone in it and I'm good to go. No connections to make.

Currently the prototype is mounted on a generic suction cup mount for testing purposes. Last week I had a 4+ hour drive and I noticed that a couple of hours in, the puck wasn't charging any longer. I took it out of the holder and it was very warm so I suspect that it has a thermal cut out to keep it from frying itself. A little bit of trial and error seems to indicate that the position of the puck in the holder is a bit high on the phone an it's not getting good communication.

I'll move the socket for the puck down a bit and reprint it to see how it will work. I may have to include some cooling holes in the mount if the relocation doesn't resolve the heat issue. I have to reprint it anyway to accommodate the bolt pattern on the Arkon stalk.

Stay tuned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.