Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2007 Pilot Spark Plugs??

19K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Hintertux 
#1 ·
Just bought a 2007 Pilot and was looking into changing the spark plugs soon,trying to decide between the double platinum plugs instead of the iridium. Does anyone have a preference between the two or where there any negative effects from using one of the other. Thanks for the help.

#4 ·
We have just over 103,000 and no issues at all. I am wondering is the iridium plugs worth the extra money over the double platinum except for the little extra time before i have to change them again. Has anybody used a champion plug or the newer bosh iridium on here?

#5 ·
Rocky my husband had the honda dealership he bought it at install the timing belt kit they day after we bought the pilot with 102,000 miles on it. He is excited he bought a 5 quart jug of Pennzoil Ultra 5w20 tonight at a really good deal. He is just trying to decide on a great oil filter with a built in anti-drainback valve. Any suggestions and opinions would be greatly appreciated on plugs and oil filters.

#6 · (Edited)
He is excited he bought a 5 quart jug of Pennzoil Ultra 5w20 tonight at a really good deal. He is just trying to decide on a great oil filter with a built in anti-drainback valve.
IMO, two options:

1) When you stop at the dealer to pick up some (oil) drain plug crush washers, you can get the filter also used on the Honda S2000 - P/N 15400-PCX-004.

2) Another choice, readily available at discount and autoparts stores, would be the Bosch DistancePlus oil filter - P/N D3312.

#7 ·
Hi Disneynut31
On my 2005 Honda Pilot, I have the NGK Iridium Spark Plugs. It made a big difference, more performance, better gas mileage. I now only put NGK Iridium Spark Plugs in all my cars.

Oil change, I have it done at Pep Boys for $25.00 complete.

Note on a Used 2005 Pilot, if radiator was flushed incorrectly or with hash chemicals, or radiator fluids became corrosive. The transmission oil cooler can fail and leak water into transmission. Broken transmission is like $5000.00. To replace the radiator and reduce the risk its $300.00

On my used 2005 Pilot at 110,000 Miles, I replaced the Timing Belt, Water Pump, Thermostat, Radiator, Radiator Hoses, Spark Plugs and all belts.

#8 ·
Stick with oem. I was not impressed with Bosch iridiums. My sales rep gave me a set to try out and I gave them back after noticing my gas mileage went down. i ordered the factory NGK's and all is back to normal. The only other plug I would consider installing is a denso iridium.

#12 ·
I feel better now reading this thread. I brought mine in for new plugs and he told me the NGK Iridium where spec... Was not sure to trust his statements but it made sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.