2017 Pilot vs 2017 Highlander - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2017 Pilot vs 2017 Highlander

My 2013 Pathfinder Limited lease is up in February and I've been told if I want to get either the Pilot or the Highlander I had better do it soon if I want delivery by February.

I'm vacillating between leasing the 2017 Highlander Limited vs the 2017 Pilot Elite. Any opinions one way or the other?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeusa View Post
My 2013 Pathfinder Limited lease is up in February and I've been told if I want to get either the Pilot or the Highlander I had better do it soon if I want delivery by February.

I'm vacillating between leasing the 2017 Highlander Limited vs the 2017 Pilot Elite. Any opinions one way or the other?
Only you can make that decision my friend. I suggest you check them both out when they hit the lots.

2016 Obsidian Blue Touring -Maxed Out Bling
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 06:13 PM

One thing I know is Highlander does not have carplay, if this is the thing you will like. Also, personally, I do not like the back of the Highlander, but Toyota is the best in vehicle assembly, Honda only has the best engine failure rate.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zchfxyzh View Post
One thing I know is Highlander does not have carplay, if this is the thing you will like. Also, personally, I do not like the back of the Highlander, but Toyota is the best in vehicle assembly, Honda only has the best engine failure rate.

Engine failure rate?
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAPEX View Post
Engine failure rate?
Check this link:German cars 'among worst for engine failures' | Auto Express
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 02:14 AM

Garage
I just went through the decision making process and just bought a certified 2016 Pilot. I made a comparison list of some of the key features and they are really similar. Good luck! Can't go wrong either way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	comparison.png
Views:	905
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	97009  

2016 Pilot Elite Black/Black | Minnesota
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 10:06 AM

I just looked at a similar comparison. The Highlander is much smaller, especially in the 3rd row.
This Video helped me: go to youtube and search 2016 Honda Pilot vs Explorer vs Pathfinder vs Highlander vs Traverse Mega Mashup Review
I can't post a URL yet.
Its a comparison of a lot of 3 row SUV's. It's not scientific, but real.

Black 2016 Pilot EX-L Navi
Honda Trailer Hitch
Honda All Weather Mats
Toyo Observe GSi5 245/60/18 On Stock Rims For Winter
Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport 245/60/18 Going On Aftermarket Rims For Spring-Fall.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahkim View Post
I just went through the decision making process and just bought a certified 2016 Pilot. I made a comparison list of some of the key features and they are really similar. Good luck! Can't go wrong either way.
Thanks Ahkim! That list is really helpful. You happy with your choice?
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 11:58 AM

Drove both this past weekend and the space difference is huge! I couldn't get into the 3rd row and my teenage children's heads hit the ceiling in the Highlander. In the Pilot I could sit comfortably in the 3rd row. There is also much more trunk space in the Pilot (with or without 3rd row up). Also I don't feel like the driving experience is that much different (didn't feel like the Pilot was larger while driving it). We are going with the Pilot.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwolf96 View Post
Drove both this past weekend and the space difference is huge! I couldn't get into the 3rd row and my teenage children's heads hit the ceiling in the Highlander. In the Pilot I could sit comfortably in the 3rd row. There is also much more trunk space in the Pilot (with or without 3rd row up). Also I don't feel like the driving experience is that much different (didn't feel like the Pilot was larger while driving it). We are going with the Pilot.
The third row is what sold me on the pilot vs highlander. I'm 6.0, and in the pilot I can sit in all 3 rows with the seats all the way back and not have my knees up in my face, and not having my head tilted down. You need to try them though, see what you prefer. I test drove both and honestly the driving portion was very good in both. Again, 3rd row was the sell.

Also, when I was looking at the pathfinder, I was reading a lot of complaints about the SVT being crap. It was off the list just for that (didn't even bother to test drive it).
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 12:05 AM

I just test drove the pathfinder and found it to be between the honda and the highlander.
better 3rd row than highlander
better interiors than pilot

wondering if I should pick this one instead of this confusion between honda and toyota.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 12:55 AM
xGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdude View Post
I just test drove the pathfinder and found it to be between the honda and the highlander.
better 3rd row than highlander
better interiors than pilot
wondering if I should pick this one instead of this confusion between honda and toyota.
You should definitely go with the Kia Sorento.

2003 EX
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGS View Post
You should definitely go with the Kia Sorento.
you make a good point, I need to checkout kia and hyundai as well.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 05:53 PM

2017 Pilot vs. 2017 Highlander

Anyone shopped a 2017 Pilot vs. the Highlander? Assuming you picked the Pilot if you are here, so how did you decide?

We have a 2006 Pilot. Love it, but would love to have some technology!! (you know, basics! backup cam, Bluetooth, etc).

Considering 2017 EX-L AWD with Sensing, or a 2017 Highlander XLE AWD. Pretty stuck on these 2 choices as we want the 3rd row for occasional use. We plan to do some light towing with pop-up tent. We have 2 children in booster seats.

The Highlander feels a bit smaller, but the newest models come standard with the "sensing" equivalent of the Pilot and 5,000 lb towing capacity. Both have similar mpg. Pilot has Apple Car Play, Toyota does not.

MSRP is pretty comparable, but Honda does not offer much in the way of promotions or incentives to buy. I know there is wiggle room in there, but Toyota frequently offers cash back and financing options.

Any suggestions? Pros? Cons? Feedback welcome!
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 08:32 PM

For me, I watched a video of how much better the Pilot AWD system is and that was enough.

2016 EX-L Steel Sapphire on Grey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: