What career are you in? - Page 5 - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #61 of 483 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 09:49 PM
Super Senior Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Crashing cars is only part time

I'm a manufacturing engineer for a semiconductor company. It might sound dull, but it's really not.

If you don't like that...I did have a summer job a few years ago where I helpped set up and test road side guardrails with full speed (60 mph), full sized cars. I actually got to help wreck 12 cars, 3 pickups, and a 30 foot moving van.

Don't try this at home - we had an enclosed test area and NO I did not have to be the crash dummy

Hands free device = good
Not buckling your kids = bad

'06 Black EXL-Navi: autodim mirror, cargo accessories, mud guards, ODB II, and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--> passed 100k miles in early 2012 and 200k in early 2017
'06 Black Volvo XC90 2.5T
'03 Black EXL-RES: side steps, autodim mirror, many cargo accessories, roof rack, and mud guards.
--> kept 3 years and traded for Gen 2 in '06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 483 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 09:56 PM

Automation Solutions Manager (I got the title instead of a raise) for a pretty big company. We help companies automate their equipment and systems for making or doing just about anything (My kids think I sell computers). We cover eastern MA, RI some CT and southern NH.
The Pilot is my mobile office. I'm in it some days 4 to 8 hours depending on where I have to go. Mileage varies (roughly 2 to 3K per month). I try to split up the mileage between the Pilot and our Highlander.

05 Acura MDX Touring (sold) 03 Honda Pilot EX Havasu Blue #3939.
02 Toyota Highlander Ltd Vintage Gold.
post #63 of 483 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 12:31 AM

I am a Pilot (of all things) with a major airline. I recently finished a career flying part time for the Tennessee Air National Guard. The Pilot (inanimate) is for my wife. I drive either a beater 79 Bronco hunting truck or an F-150. We have not taken delivery of our Pilot yet, due 12 Dec, and we are very excited. My wife had been driving an Acura Legend and I am very impressed with this vehicle. I may even get to drive it someday.
It is a pleasure lurking on this board. Can't wait to have something meaningful to add.

Kingbird87-sandstone EX-L, running boards, mud flaps, wood trim, weathertech mats and air deflector, chrome honda exhaust tips.

post #64 of 483 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 01:10 PM

Location: Huntsville, Alabama, previously Heidelberg, Germany
Computer guy for a large defense contractor employeed overseas. Drive my Accord to work @ < 10 miles each way. Wife drives the Pilot (running errands, etc) during the week. I get to drive it when we are touring Europe on the weekends.

2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD Alabaster Silver (Hers) and
2003 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD Limited Edition Havasu Blue (now His)
post #65 of 483 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 2k3_nbp

Now I understand your user name.
...ofinsanity !

SS EX-L NAVI, Running Boards, Splash Gaurds, Towing Package, FS Spare, Crossbars - #26605
post #66 of 483 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 04:14 AM

Private investigator

03 Pilot - Sagebrush Pearl EX-L:
Sidesteps, Foglights, Rear splash-guards, All-weather mats, Cargo tray, Wheel locks, 20% window tint.
97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
post #67 of 483 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 12:05 PM

Administrator for the Florida State Environmental Agency. Wife just retired from being a school counselor.

Have three Hondas: the Pilot EXL (mine-HB), an Accord LX V-6 Coupe (wife's-white, 1998), and a Civic Coupe EX (son's-black, 2001). Will use the Pilot (when broken in) to pull my 17' boat and tote my bicycles. Pilot has barely 600 miles on it to date. Only around town so far, no trips yet.

So far, Pilot is an outstanding vehicle - just right for me. No quirks noted at all, except mileage is low - am guessing this will improve as car gets broken in. Driver's seat is extraordinarily comfortable, and car is smooth and tight. No scrunches, sloshes, rattles, sharp edges, etc. Seat leather does wrinkle, but feels very nice, indeed on my behind, so no matter.

Regards from sunny but cool North Florida,

EJ
post #68 of 483 (permalink) Old 12-12-2002, 09:24 PM

Gopher

I'm the phone guy for a large software company. Play with a Avaya G3R PBX and do a LOT of running around between 4 buildings.

Wife on medical retirement. Have a 17 mile drive to work but takes average of 45 min in the great Houston traffic. But the Pilot makes it sooooooo much better.

2003 Pilot LX
2002 Civic EX
1970 911 Porsche Targa
post #69 of 483 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 01:06 PM

Supervisory Nuclear Operator at Bruce Power (a utility in Canada)
post #70 of 483 (permalink) Old 12-13-2002, 03:55 PM

Senior Optical Network Engineer

I am working for a major fiber optical company in this area.

It is only a 3 minutes drive for me from home to work. The mileage on the Pilot are meanly collected on the bi-weekend trip from Baltimore to New York State, where my wife is working on her PH.D.

Taffeta White EX
Fog Light, Auto Day/Night Mirror, Cross Bar, Mud Flap, All Season Mats, Cargo tray, Running Board.

Life changed and I have sold it on Dec 2003.
post #71 of 483 (permalink) Old 12-14-2002, 09:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to deanbert
Systems Analyst

I have an IBM AS400, a Nortel Meridian opt61c switch, and several hundred computers to take care of.
post #72 of 483 (permalink) Old 12-15-2002, 02:15 AM

i collect unemployment and my babys mama that i let live with me is on welfare, so thanks to all you taxs payers for paying the car note on my pilot
post #73 of 483 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 08:32 AM

I'm a systems analyst for an insurance company. Woo Hoo
post #74 of 483 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 03:18 PM

I am a Manufacturing Engineer working in R&D for a major medical device manufacturer. I drive the Accord (50 miles round trip). Wife drives the Pilot. She works part time as a Physical Therapist Assistant and full time raising our two boys (6 & 11).
post #75 of 483 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 04:15 PM

I am retired. Spend my time working out and volunteering at a local hospital. Was a management analyst for a federal agency. Don't miss it one bit, especially the 45 mile round trip commute into Washington DC. My drive to the Sport and Health Club is only about 3 miles and the hospital is only about 5 miles away.

2003 Honda Pilot EX-L NAV, Sandstone, Weather Tech all weather floor and cargo mats, Michelin Cross Terrain Tires, Acura TL Chrome Tail pipe extensions , and OEM side steps

2006 Honda Ridgeline RT-L Redrock Pearl, Fog Lights, Sidestep, Towing Package, Roof Rack, and Auto Dimming Day/Night mirror

1999 Honda Prelude, Milano Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: