280mA Parasitic Current Drain - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
EHN

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy 280mA Parasitic Current Drain

Hi folks, I have a 2010 Pilot Touring. Before I became disabled, I used the car every day and had no problems. Now that I don't work and hardly use it, the battery keeps dying. I had a new battery put in, and I still had the same problem. I just measured my parasitic drain current and it settled out to be 280mA, which is a lot! Note that no interior or exterior lights were on when the measurement was made. I have not isolated which part of the circuitry is causing this current drain. I got the first moonroof recall years ago and had that repaired. Out of frustration, I installed a trickle charger, but I still want to know what part of the circuit is draining the battery.

1). Has anyone measured their parasitic drain current and what did you get for a reading?

2). Which fuse is connected to the moonroof and where is it located?

3). Is there an online shop manual for the 2010 Pilot?

4). Any ideas as to what circuit is causing the drain?

Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:57 PM

Did you try pulling the A/C relay. Looks like a common issue for them to stick and send constant power down to the compressor clutch.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Hate to say this but it will take careful deliberate work circuit by circuit to isolate the one with an issue.
Then its more detective work to identify the component with an issue.
That said, if there are any post factory electric modifications to your Pilot, suspect those components first.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:50 AM

Garage
If the usual suspects and procedures fail, one easy solution is just to hook up a Priority Start battery saver. Sure, it's a kind of band-aid solution, but it's a damn good band-aid if you don't want to spend the time or money to track down your drain methodically.

Battery Saver | Spokane, WA - PriorityStart!

https://www.batterystuff.com/battery...2v-promax.html

PriorityStart Battery Protector | Battery Protector 12v

I'd still look at that A/C relay first and just for giggles make sure the vanity mirror for The One Who Rides Beside You is completely off.

2006 EX-L w/RES (black)

Previous: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer (beige);
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(green);
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(red);
, see avatar] (black);
(gray);
(blue);
(burgundy);
(fire engine red & midnight black)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 02:47 PM

The fuse numbers and circuits are listed in the Owner's Manual. You don't have to pull the fuses in sequence. You can make a copy of the lists in the OM and check off the fuses as you pull them. This way you can test the Moonroof first, then pull fuses in any order you choose. If you find the circuit, you will need a schematic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: