Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Stereo CODE - reset

191K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  NBTruckie 
#1 ·
I replaced my battery and got the CODE on my stereo/dvd/cd system.

I don't remember how to do this......

I spent 10 minutes searching for code reset on this site without success.

Please help.

Sorry I haven't post in ages...... How are the old timers here?

My 2003 Pilot is still running pretty good. Need to change the tires soon....... otherwise everything is running great!

#2 ·
You need to enter the 5 digit code that headunit was programmed for at the factory. Usually it's on a seperate card they give you along with the manual. Did you register yours on the Honda Owner's Link?

see this thread for more info link

Here's a copy of the card if you needed to know.

#3 ·
if you got your pilot brand new. u can call the dealer where u buy your pilot and they have all the record. including pin no#

#4 ·
look for the manual that comes with the pilot. They usually put them together with manual when u bought it.

#6 ·
After several failed attempts, you may have to re-set the radio by disco. the batt.
Some radios can be qued to display the serial number. Then take the ser.# to the dealer with proof of ownership & they'll get your code.
The process to get the ser.# is...
Re-set the radio, if ness. so it displays "CODE". Turn it off, push the #1 & #6 at the same time. Turn the radio on while holding the two buttons. If you're lucky enough to have this kind of radio, it will display the ser.# in two sets of numbers (the display isn't big enough to show all the numbers at one time).

There was a S/B that said to attach the ser.# to the inside of the jockey box, but not all dealers do that. Or they attach the wrong sticker, displaying both the ser.# AND the code. Thieves like that method.

#8 ·
More problems...... my wife and son started trying different codes and now I get the ERROR display and not the CODE. Ouch! I tried disconnecting/reconnecting the battery but I get the same ERROR display.

I might just have to take it to the dealership tomorrow.

#9 ·
vegasdude said:
I replaced my battery and got the CODE on my stereo/dvd/cd system.

I don't remember how to do this......

I spent 10 minutes searching for code reset on this site without success.

Please help.

Sorry I haven't post in ages...... How are the old timers here?

My 2003 Pilot is still running pretty good. Need to change the tires soon....... otherwise everything is running great!
i had this problem too.
possibilities of where to find it in your car:
- on the driver s sunvisor
- stick in glove box

in your manual

if still havent found it - contact dealer, or check your invoice for pilot - there should it be printed.

i let my radiounit decode, and if battery dead happens, there is no need to enter 5 digits. so its unsafe (no CODE), but more confortable.

#10 ·
HAPPY ENDING

:)

Ah............... at last, I have my radio, cd, dvd working again. We will be driving from Vegas to California today with 2 kids.......... the entertainment system working is a necessity for this trip.

Again thank you all for all the help. I could not have done it without this forum! I will try to visit these forum more often. Kudos everyone!

Final Resolution:
Code: 5 digit from my Honda Pilot "Quick Start Guide"
ERROR: Disconnect battery for more than 2 minutes.

When I got the "ERROR" message (again I want to stress that this was my wife and son's doing), I have to disconnect the battery for at least 2 minutes (anything less will not reset it back to CODE). I got the CODE message back and entered my code. Voila!

I am off to Carlsbad, California............ later folks!

#12 ·
Re: Re: Stereo CODE - reset

joel said:
Does the code only consist of 1-6 numbers. I have a tag on my key ring with a 9 on it. (and turning the tag upside down doesnt work for another number). If the number 9 is valid, how do I enter it?

thanks,
If it's a little metal tag, that's the code for your ignition key, not the radio code. The radio code is on a card like that pictured earlier in this thread.

#14 ·
hobbes said:
Mine's on a decal that you can see if you open the rear hatch, near the top.

I have had my 05 now for over a year and wash it almost every weekend... I dont think I ever noticed the sticker! but sure enough as your looking at the back its in the upper left corner of where the hinge holds the hatch up.. lol and to think all this time I was hunting around for it :)

oh man.. its the simple things in life..

#16 ·
Wow, I just recently re-discovered this site and I'm so glad I did! We picked our Pilot up from the Garage today and the radio wanted the code. Looked it up here, went out, found the code on a sticker by the back hinge and fixed it. Yeah!!!! Thanks!!!

#19 ·
I have an 04 and had all the same problems turns out that the serial number displayed on the radio when you turn on the power holding a 1/6 button is wrong! The serial number on the sticker on top of the device with the model number was a different 8 digit serial number and when used online gave the correct code. Don't trust your display verify your code on the device because it might be a liar of a radio like mine!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.