Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Joining the ranks again, now with a EX-L Cream Puff!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  nickstradamus 
#1 ·
Had a 2010, trade it, kicked myself for it...and then was lucky enough to find a 2007 EX-L "Cream Puff"!!!

- 2007 EX-L w/NAV
- Taffeta White
- (I've never had leather or a sunroof, and this is so nice!):grin:
- 48K miles...yes....you saw it, 2007 with 48K miles (clean, 1 owner, nice retired couple) :grin:
- Rustproofed since day 1, along with paint sealant
- VTM-4 was likely never used, so first thing I did was have both front and rear diff flushed, and it's now smooth as silk
- Back seats have never been sat in!

I'm starting my journey with the hopes of hitting 300K miles. I've got quite a way to go, but this will be fun. I've already got several more coats of sealant on it since it's winter in the Midwest, and wax will be next.

I'm considering running boards and possibly that lower front bumper trim as additions.

Question - does anyone have recommendations for running boards? I had the extruded Honda boards for my Ridgeline and after a year the paint was chipping and the boards were corroding. Would like to avoid that headache again if possible.

Thanks!
Dan

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome back, o prodigal son. Sounds like you've already been served the fatted calf. :smile:

Careful to choose your aftermarket running boards carefully. I've seen vehicles that were virtually rust-free except for the eyesore of corroded running boards.

#3 ·
Thanks!

Do you have any recommendations for good running boards? My '09 had Honda OEM boards...the plastic-covered ones with the chrome finish strip on the outside. They looked good no matter what the conditions as the plastic covered the metal that would eventually rust.

Just curious what others have gone with as the rust is a common issue.

#4 ·
I myself decided to forgo running boards a few years ago after I noticed that on a couple of my vehicles they became vectors for initiating rust where they trapped salted road slush against the rocker panels. Some more recent, better-designed models may be better, so someone with a more positive experience may want to chime in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.