Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Pilot Dash Board Green Light Color...

22K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Rivervg 
#1 ·
I'd like it if the Pilot had the same dash light set up as the Lexus LS 430. Pretty sweet!!

#2 ·
Question regarding the green dash lights

I haven't removed the instrument cluster yet, but does anyone know the color of the light bulbs luminating the instrumentation? I was wondering if they are green or not. If they are indeed green, maybe we can change them for white ones and that may change the entire look of the dash display. I know some lights will still be green such as the odometer/temp gague, but it still might look pretty good. Please reply if you know.

#4 ·
Originally posted by nolan65
I believe the lights in the dash are green LED's so a mod would be very difficult.
Can we replace the green LEDs to different color LEDs?

#5 ·
Originally posted by Fendyman
Can we replace the green LEDs to different color LEDs?
Blue or Purple (like Acura TLs) or even white would be nice...:4:

#7 ·
I don't mind the dashboard display. I say keep it simple and relaible. I only glance at the mirrors and guages a few times each minute...not enough time to desire or require oohs and ahhs while I am spending more time staring at the road.

Sure the fancier read outs would be nice, just not necessary, nor worth the cost to add them in my book.

#8 ·
I just test drove one the other day and liked the dash layout (fantastic ride, especially compared to my '96 explorer)
Hope to buy one soon !
It didn't even dawn on me that it might look bad at night. Is everyone being a litlle too critical or should I go for a test drive at night to find out for myself ?

#9 ·
shiretsu said:
... It didn't even dawn on me that it might look bad at night. Is everyone being a litlle too critical or should I go for a test drive at night to find out for myself ?
If the color of your dashboard lights is a really big deal to you, then just stop by your nearest Honda dealer one night, turn on the lights, and have a look (don't really even need another test drive - unless you just want to ;) ). I'm guessing that a huge majority of Pilot owners are happy with the dash lights, even if they would have chosen a different color if given the option.

Hope you get one soon!

#11 ·
BubbaKen said:
I like the dashboard display.
I do too. I wouldn't like orange lights at all (now watch the 06 come out with orange dash lights... :rolleyes: )

#15 ·
Dash Color Scheme

How is this as a scheme for the dash?
I think it is a bit cold looking. Maybe with the addition of some reds/oranges, it would be much nicer.

Thanks,
EDR

Attachments

#18 ·
How about this? Kind of like MDX?

Attachments

#20 ·
How about this for a twist. I just had the in dash changer installed and come to find out, the disk indicator lights are green and orange based on the function at the time. BUT, the general illumination is white. This can be changed by holding the eject button down for three seconds to.....orange.

Luckily the white is illuminating small areas (the disk numbers and such) so it isn't too different from the green of the rest of the console, but it is different.

#21 ·
For those who have posted different lighting schemes for your Pilot dash, how did you change it? I, too, hate the green lighting and have been looking for months to change it. I just found this forum and was hoping someone could clue me in on how to change that green! Please help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.