Front License Plate Bracket - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

Register Home Forums Active Topics Insurance Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Piloteers.org is the premier Honda Pilot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-04-2004, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Don't mess with Nature

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Front License Plate Bracket

Folks,
Where do I find the front-license plate bracket. I was in Michigan and never bothered about it. Now, I need it in Colorado. I checked for it in the tools box..and could not find it. Please help.

Thanks
<TR><TD>All Weather Floor Mats</TD><TD>Cargo Net</TD></TR><TR><TD>Rear Splash Guard</TD>
<TD>Blind Spot Mirror</TD></TR><TR><TD>Co-Pilot Digital Compass</TD>
<TD>Mats.Com: WeatherFlectors </TD></TR><TR><TD>Perfect-Fit Hoodguard</TD>
<TD>&nbsp</TD></TR><TR><TD colspan=2>Other accessories soon...</TD></TR></TABLE>
pilot007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2004, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rip Tide Dude!

Just go to any honda dealership and ask if you can get a front license plate holder for your Pilot. Usually they will give it to you or order it for you without charge. That is what my co-worker did when she moved from Florida to California.

-john

OEM Full Nose Mask | Wheel Locks | Cross Bars | OEM Running Boards | Chrome Accent - OEM Running Board | Rear Splash Guard | OEM '04 Horn | Cloud-Rider Spectare Black Stainless Steel Grille Screen & Bumper Combo | Thule Ski Rack #725 | Thule Snowboard Carrier #575 |OEM All Season Floor Mats |OEM Cargo Tray | Pilot Motorsports #PM555 Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips | PowerStation Pro Portable Charger/Compressor/Emergency Light | Tire Step Ladder | Eurodezigns Blue Xenon H4 Bulbs & H3 Fog Light Bulbs | Infinity Kappa Speakers | Dynamat Original/Extreme | Complete Set of 3M Protector | 3M Metallic Tint | Covercraft Noah Custom Cover | Microtune #141X Antenna Amplifier | Dashmat Dash Cover | Full Size Spare Tire | Broadway Napolex BW-86 Wide Inside Rear View Mirror | Complete Sets of Dark Smoke WeatherTech WeatherFlectors | Westin Black Rear Bumper Guard | 3rd Brake Light Mod | 6 Disc CD Changer |

The dawn of love would be the end of pleasure!
john802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 09:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

yep, the honda dealer gave me mine. it was in a bag in the cargo area as we don't have front plates in indiana. you shouldn't have to pay for it.

2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4, Red Brawn with graphite/steel interior. Highlights include: Leather seating w/memory, Rockford Fosgate stereo w/10 speakers and 6 disc changer, fog lights, running boards, off-road package, big tow package, and utility bed package.
pilot critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ex-Pilot Owner

I'd send you mine, but it probably would cost the same to ship it if Honda charged you for it.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

It's a shame that the Pilot, or any car, has to have a front plate. It takes away from the looks of the car as most of you know. Anyway, I happen to live in a state that requires a front plate, but I seem to have misplaced the bracket. I'll keep looking......
Old 04-05-2004, 11:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

FLP sure do ruin the looks of a car, ugly. When i was in Cali, i never installed the front licence plate, i left the template that the dealer gave me, only if the cop cared to look at the back would they know. I removed the holder on my Acura, couldn't find it, the local WA dealer ordered me one free.

04 Pilot SBP - Tow Package, Rear Muds, Fog Lights, Cargo Mat (Traded)

Claire & Victoria - Double Trouble
PNW-Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 11:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Oahu_Dave

Quote:
Originally posted by Stevie B
It's a shame that the Pilot, or any car, has to have a front plate. It takes away from the looks of the car as most of you know. Anyway, I happen to live in a state that requires a front plate, but I seem to have misplaced the bracket. I'll keep looking......
Ive been thinking about losing mine, but wont there be ugly drill holes in the bumper if I remove it since its already installed? Guess I need to look more closer. I hate front plates and have never had them even when required. Only ever got warnings about not having them when I got pulled over for other things. So many cars here dont have em, I dont think cops will really care about a Pilot running around without one.
Oahu_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rip Tide Dude!

Quote:
Originally posted by Oahu_Dave

Ive been thinking about losing mine, but wont there be ugly drill holes in the bumper if I remove it since its already installed? Guess I need to look more closer. I hate front plates and have never had them even when required. Only ever got warnings about not having them when I got pulled over for other things. So many cars here dont have em, I dont think cops will really care about a Pilot running around without one.
If you remove the license plate holder, the drill holes will not be seen since its located under the bumper.

-john

OEM Full Nose Mask | Wheel Locks | Cross Bars | OEM Running Boards | Chrome Accent - OEM Running Board | Rear Splash Guard | OEM '04 Horn | Cloud-Rider Spectare Black Stainless Steel Grille Screen & Bumper Combo | Thule Ski Rack #725 | Thule Snowboard Carrier #575 |OEM All Season Floor Mats |OEM Cargo Tray | Pilot Motorsports #PM555 Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips | PowerStation Pro Portable Charger/Compressor/Emergency Light | Tire Step Ladder | Eurodezigns Blue Xenon H4 Bulbs & H3 Fog Light Bulbs | Infinity Kappa Speakers | Dynamat Original/Extreme | Complete Set of 3M Protector | 3M Metallic Tint | Covercraft Noah Custom Cover | Microtune #141X Antenna Amplifier | Dashmat Dash Cover | Full Size Spare Tire | Broadway Napolex BW-86 Wide Inside Rear View Mirror | Complete Sets of Dark Smoke WeatherTech WeatherFlectors | Westin Black Rear Bumper Guard | 3rd Brake Light Mod | 6 Disc CD Changer |

Old 04-05-2004, 12:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by john802

If you remove the license plate holder, the drill holes will not be seen since its located under the bumper.

-john
Ah very nice! Thanks...

[running out to pilot with screwdriver]
Old 04-05-2004, 12:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rip Tide Dude!

Quote:
Originally posted by Oahu_Dave

Ah very nice! Thanks...

[running out to pilot with screwdriver]
I think you need a 10mm socket to remove the bolts.

-john

Old 04-05-2004, 01:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by john802

I think you need a 10mm socket to remove the bolts.

-john
Luckily didnt go out yet due to kid being hungry. Sheesh, kids...
Old 04-05-2004, 10:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
heh heh, he said "member"

For those of us who live in SoCal and plan on running around sans front plate, just be advised:

1. No front plate is PC to stop (CVC 5200a). Usually it's only a fix it ticket but it can still a bit of a hassle (fixing it, getting it signed off, paying the processing fee, etc). Just like driving with the flow but exceeding the posted limit, you Can be pulled over. So if you're operating a mobile meth lab out of your Pilot, make sure you have both plates affixed!

2. There are some municipal parking enforcement officers (e.g. LA City parking enforcement in West LA) who "specialize" in citing for no front plate. It's $25 a pop (fix its are usually $10) and they don't give a damn whether you fix it or not. They'll swoop on you when you're parked at let's say Starbucks and you're away from your vehicle. And they won't have the courtesy to run your plate first either. They don't require you to fix it because they'll be happy to ream you again later. It's all about the money...

3. Recently airport police at LAX have also been ticketing for violations of 5200 so watch out there as well. Apparently, it's ok for terrorists or idiots to sneak weapons onto airplanes as long as their transportation to and from the airport complies with vehicle code...
Samuel2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Samuel2003
For those of us who live in SoCal and plan on running around sans front plate, just be advised:
nice. oh well, will risk it through a couple tickets and rethink.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: