2015 Honda Pilot dealyed a year? - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

Register Home Forums Active Topics Insurance Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Piloteers.org is the premier Honda Pilot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 2015 Honda Pilot dealyed a year?

Read this on another forum. It's not a news story, but more like someone's comments with knowledge close to the Lincoln Alabama plant. That the next Pilot has been delayed for a year. Today is March, the line should be ready, and new cars rolling out of the plant in June-July. It's not and "nothing" is happening at the plant. So the next Pilot may be a 2016 model.

I know this means nothing without a news link, and could just be opinion...but just wondering have you guys heard or read anything new?

One might thinks, what's there to do????? Shouldn't it just be a FWD MDX? Yes, but maybe that is not "good enough" with all the competition..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

If this is true it really throws a wrench into my families plans. Very irritating!! Why can't they just release their plans so people can know. I understand not releasing info if a new version is coming out, but they could have quietly release something saying that there is just going to be small upgrade. That would not reduce current sales and might actually get them to go up. I would have bought already.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew911tt View Post
. . . Why can't they just release their plans so people can know. I understand not releasing info if a new version is coming out, but they could have quietly release something saying that there is just going to be small upgrade. That would not reduce current sales and might actually get them to go up. I would have bought already.
Really?

Quietly release information (that might not even be finalized) just so a few potential customers know it but the competition does not?

I think if openly sharing future product plans was a good marketing idea, just a few comp[anise would have picked up on it.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

I would be happy with MDX on the cheap, for the Pilot. Keep it "safe" and Honda will sell a boat load. I would think owners are happy with J35 V6 + 6spd auto.

I know the future ZF 7 or 8 speed dual clutch won't be what Honda has plan for the Pilot. So let's not even go there. Or any sort of a turbocharged engine.

If Honda is "rethinking" the Pilot, I hope that does not mean CVT....
Old 03-10-2014, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

I'm sensing an early April Fool joke? Could you provide a link to the forum you pulled this information off of?
Wiring Harness
LED Interior Light Upgrade
Full Size Spare Tire

Previously owned: 2005 Honda Pilot EX
Old 03-10-2014, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Honda-Tech - View Single Post - New 2015 Honda Ridgeline
Old 03-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by YipMan_Style View Post
You are talking Honda Ridgeline Pickup, not the Pilot. It's a well published fact that Honda will not be making the Ridgeline in 2015 (it's going on a 1 year hiatus) and will have a new facelift upcoming for the 2016 model year. At one time, it appeared Honda was going to eliminate the Ridgeline, as they did the Element, but apparently changed their mind.
Wiring Harness
LED Interior Light Upgrade
Full Size Spare Tire

Previously owned: 2005 Honda Pilot EX
Old 03-10-2014, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Garage

FWIW Honda at one point was going to drop the Ridgeline model entirely... maybe it is in hiatus until 2016 MY to get it's design redone as Honda has indicated it will retain the Ridgeline...

Plans for 2016 Honda Ridgeline Drawn Up - AutoTrader.com

All-New Honda Ridgeline Due For 2016, But Skipping 2015 Model Year - The Washington Post
Old 03-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryziegler View Post
You are talking Honda Ridgeline Pickup, not the Pilot. It's a well published fact that Honda will not be making the Ridgeline in 2015 (it's going on a 1 year hiatus) and will have a new facelift upcoming for the 2016 model year. At one time, it appeared Honda was going to eliminate the Ridgeline, as they did the Element, but apparently changed their mind.
You'll have to read the entire post. Yes, the discussion was about Ridgeline. And the comment on the Pilot was on the bottom.

Again, I'm not saying that an internet forum is the gospel. That's why I'm asking it here to see if you guys heard anything more about the Pilot.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Ridgeline goes for a two years , http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...ad.php?t=70634

I'm confident the 2015 Pilot will be seen soon at an auto show. It's always shown up one year after the MDX.

And wouldn't be surprised if 2016 MY saw a new Odyssey....
Old 03-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

The pilot would be a pretty high production vehicle to miss a model year, unless the new one was a 1/2 year late. Even then, I would doubt it. The feds change too many rules every year to hold a model over without issues.

The Ridgeline is a lot lower production.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

I agree with what Rocky said about the Pilot always following the MDX by a year, and I think that will happen this year too, but I wonder if this will start to change going forward. There are reports out there saying that Honda and Acura will differentiate more. I wonder if they will try to push Acura a little more upscale and compete more with the big boys Vs being the 'value player' in entry level lux.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

Or, maybe once the Honda engineers and marketing folks got their hands on the new Highlander and drove it they said: "Holy shoot, maybe we ought to delay this thing so we don't end up sending out an inferior product"... like they did (admittedly) a couple of years ago with the Civic, causing them to rework that model after only one year on the market (first time Honda has ever done that).
Old 03-11-2014, 12:00 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmuchacho View Post
Or, maybe once the Honda engineers and marketing folks got their hands on the new Highlander and drove it they said: "Holy shoot, maybe we ought to delay this thing so we don't end up sending out an inferior product"... like they did (admittedly) a couple of years ago with the Civic, causing them to rework that model after only one year on the market (first time Honda has ever done that).
Of all the theories posted so far....... I think Mr. Muchacho's is the most accurate.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
xGS

With any luck, the marketing folks told the engineers to go figure out how the Highlander achieves equivalent or better EPA mileage ratings, without resorting to VCM or a CVT, and then apply it to the Pilot. Is it as simple as an extra gear in the transmission, a hundred pounds, or so, less weight and slightly less frontal area - or is there more to it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: