Okay, what color is Sage Brush Pearl? - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

Register Home Forums Active Topics Insurance Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Piloteers.org is the premier Honda Pilot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-18-2005, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Okay, what color is Sage Brush Pearl?

Hi guys,

I've been torn between Steel Blue Metallic and Redrock Pearl... but now another color is growing on me: Sage Brush Pearl.

Just one question -- what color is it, exactly? How would you describe Sage Brush Pearl to someone that's never seen it?

Actually, one more question: between Steel Blue Metallic, Redrock Pearl and Sage Brush Pearl, which color would be best at hiding dirt, and which would be worst?
hondaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2005, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Default Re: Okay, what color is Sage Brush Pearl?

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaguy
Hi guys,

I've been torn between Steel Blue Metallic and Redrock Pearl... but now another color is growing on me: Sage Brush Pearl.

Just one question -- what color is it, exactly? How would you describe Sage Brush Pearl to someone that's never seen it?

Actually, one more question: between Steel Blue Metallic, Redrock Pearl and Sage Brush Pearl, which color would be best at hiding dirt, and which would be worst?
I have SBP, love it, it takes more care (cause it darker) than say silver but not as bad as black. It is a sage brush green with silver metalic flakes. If I had to get a color all over I would definitely get it again, I get TONS of compliments on it.
CMasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 05:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have SBP too. One bright sunny California day I walked outside and it looked like it's black (when it's all shiny). I thought it was somebody else's pilot.

Sometimes it's dark blue. Sometimes it looks gray. But it's suppose to be green. . I would like to be able to say I still own a "green" V6 vehicle

Fern interior is great, refreshing.
colhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 05:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Send a message via ICQ to cwa107

According to our resident expert, Dr.Robrecht Guggenheim, Sage Brush Pearl is described as "Charcoalishlygreenishbluishyrealpink&tealfleck metallic". You can read more about it here

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD (traded)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium - Ruby Red Pearl

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD (traded)
cwa107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
jay
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cwa107
According to our resident expert, Dr.Robrecht Guggenheim, Sage Brush Pearl is described as "Charcoalishlygreenishbluishyrealpink&tealfleck metallic". You can read more about it here
Bad link.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jay
Bad link.
Oops! Corrected.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Hi guys,

I'd say the Steel Blue might be the best of the choices at hiding dirt. I have the Redrock, and it's not too bad at showing dirt, not good either. We wanted the Sage Brush, but would of had to wait a little while and the Red was the only RES on the lot.
mgorbsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 11:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Default Re: Re: Okay, what color is Sage Brush Pearl?

Quote:
Originally posted by mgorbsk

I'd say the Steel Blue might be the best of the choices at hiding dirt. I have the Redrock, and it's not too bad at showing dirt, not good either. We wanted the Sage Brush, but would of had to wait a little while and the Red was the only RES on the lot.
I'll say one thing - Redrock looks outstanding after a fresh wax job. It's a real head-turner. I just did a coat of Meguair's last week pre-winter, and I just couldn't believe how sweet it looked when I finished.

The lighter colors like Steel Blue don't look as reflective as the darker colors when polished.

Old 11-19-2005, 07:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

All good info. Thanks, guys.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tim
(the other one)

Quote:
Hi guys,
It's a tough color to describe but I like it........

Would suggest you check on the gallery pics of members who have SBP Pilots (like me).........

04 EX-L Pilot, Sage Brush Pearl: Chrome Steps, Crossbars, OSRAM "Night Breaker" bulbs, Auto Day/Night Compass Mirror, Cargo Tray, Rear Splash Guards, LED Marker/Signal Light Bulbs and interior bulbs, SS Tips, WWong's pads and a Garmin c530.

01 Nissan Maxima SE, In Leather, 5-Speed, (the fun car), Silver: PIAA Super Extreme White Headlight Bulbs, LED Marker/Signal Light Bulbs

The Loonie Twins;

(Two) 04 Toyota Corolla LE's , 1) Moonshadow Metallic, 2) Lunar Mist Metallic, side bags, anti-lock brakes and (of coarse) LED interior/exterior bulbs

www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 05:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

Well, my wife and I checked out all 3 colors today -- Steel Blue, Redrock, and Sage Brush.

The Redrock was nice. I was hoping to like the Saddle leather a bit more, but I'm not that crazy about it.

The Steel Blue is a very "pretty" color. We both liked it 2nd best.

But the one we liked most of all was the Sage Brush Pearl. I thought it made the Pilot look more "classy", and my wife agreed.

Now it's just a matter of waiting to see if Honda comes out with a year-end finance deal. Either way, it looks like we'll be getting a 2006 Sage Brush Pearl Pilot with Navigation. Yeah!!

Thanks for the help, everyone...
Old 11-21-2005, 10:48 AM   #12 (permalink)

As I have mentioned in other threads, my husband just got an '06 SBP with Navigation and I can't tell you enough how much he loves his car.
I have an '03 Silver Pilot and as much as I love it, it can't compare to the '06 models in terms of comfort, ride and features. It is just a great car all around and I really love the color. It really is a charcoaly-darkgreeny-blue color that looks more blue in the sunlight and much darker on a cloudy day. It is by far my favorite Pilot color. And you will LOVE the navigation system!
Starlight Silver Metallic EX-L RES#21,120
Rear Splash Guards, Interior Wood and Dash Trim, Side Steps, Cargo Tray and All Season Floor Mats
chiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
Tim
(the other one)

Quote:
Well, my wife and I checked out all 3 colors today -- Steel Blue, Redrock, and Sage Brush.

But the one we liked most of all was the Sage Brush Pearl. I thought it made the Pilot look more "classy", and my wife agreed.

Thanks for the help, everyone...
Excellent choice........

04 EX-L Pilot, Sage Brush Pearl: Chrome Steps, Crossbars, OSRAM "Night Breaker" bulbs, Auto Day/Night Compass Mirror, Cargo Tray, Rear Splash Guards, LED Marker/Signal Light Bulbs and interior bulbs, SS Tips, WWong's pads and a Garmin c530.

01 Nissan Maxima SE, In Leather, 5-Speed, (the fun car), Silver: PIAA Super Extreme White Headlight Bulbs, LED Marker/Signal Light Bulbs

The Loonie Twins;

(Two) 04 Toyota Corolla LE's , 1) Moonshadow Metallic, 2) Lunar Mist Metallic, side bags, anti-lock brakes and (of coarse) LED interior/exterior bulbs

www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 03:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim
Excellent choice........
Thanks!
Old 11-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

My wife's ODY is SBP. I find most women call it a dark green -- most men (including myself) call it gray. Note the color also changes depending on the quality and angle of light. Under the right lighting conditions I can kid myself I am seeing green ! A very intriguing color, but requires frequent (side only) washing in snowy winter areas. I dont have the inclination for that unlike my wife -- so I opted Silver for my Pilot.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: