programming Honda pilot key fob - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

Register Home Forums Active Topics Insurance Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Piloteers.org is the premier Honda Pilot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-27-2004, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default programming Honda pilot key fob

I just bought a 2003 honda pilot from a non-honda dealership. Unforunately when I left the dealey they only gave me one key and no key fobs or extra keys. I called them back to get them to locate any other keys or fobs that they have. However, I'm bidding on a key fob on ebay and need to know if someone out there can tell me if I can program it to work with my pilot.

Maybe someone with an 03 model can verify that their key fob has the same FCC ID as the one I am bidding on.

ID numbers on the back of the fob are:

P/N:08E61-S5D-1M0-01
FCC ID:NHVWB1U523
CANADA:3495 104 709A

Thanks
Brice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2004, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to osteome

The part number is different on our remotes (both of our remotes have the same part numbers), but the FCC and Canada numbers are the same. If you search for "keyelss entry" via teh search feature you will turn up a lot of threads. If I remember correctly, people have used remotes with different part numbers.

Progamming instructions are here. .

Good luck with the Pilot and welcome to the board!

2003 Sagebrush EX-L with lower trim, foglamps, all weather mats, cargo tray, separation net, rear flaps, XM Skyfi / Ipod via a Blitzsafe adaptor, HondaPilot.org sticker, wwong's dead pedal cover, console pads, and fog light
lens tape

His: 2002 Honda CRV EX in Mojave Mist over tan, 5 speed manual, OEM all weather mats and rear mud guards with Ipod via factory radio

Soon to be ours: 2009 BMW M3 Convertible; Silverstone Metallic II / Bamboo leather, 6 speed manual, Premium, Cold Weather, Technology, and Premium Sound Packages, 19" Wheels, Ipod adaptor
osteome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

The u523 number matches my 04... I'm not sure about the 03. FYI, programming instructions in Service Manual.

*** Also, the folks on Ebay say you can program up tp four remotes but the Service Manual says only three can be programmed ***
Old 07-28-2004, 06:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Default Re: programming Honda pilot key fob

Quote:
Originally posted by Brice
I just bought a 2003 honda pilot from a non-honda dealership. Unfortunately when I left the dealer they only gave me one key and no key fobs or extra keys. I called them back to get them to locate any other keys or fobs that they have...
Maybe this goes without saying, but you do need to make sure you get another main key, the valet key, and two fobs. If they can't "find" them, they need to order replacements and program them for you.

After all, you might be buying one from a crooked Dealer on ebay right now.

'06 Black EXL-Navi: autodim mirror, many cargo accessories, mud guards, ODB II, and wwong's console pads.
--> passed 100k miles in early 2012 and still going
'06 Black Volvo XC90 2.5T
'03 Black EXL-RES: side steps, autodim mirror, many cargo accessories, roof rack, and mud guards.
--> traded in '06 for XC90
tim.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
tak
Super Senior Member

Default 05 key for 04 Pilot

Sorry for drifting the thread but I'm curious if the key fob is possibly programmable. Does anyone know? What I am hoping is to get one of the 05 key which is combined with key fob and program it to work with my 04 Pilot so that I can save some pocket space.
<table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" border="0"><tr><td colspan="3"><b>#518076</b> '04 <a href="http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6192" target="_blank">EX-L NAV, Starlight Silver Metallic delivered on Nov. 6, 2003</a></td><tr><td colspan="3"><hr></td></tr><tr><td colspan="3"><b>Installed Accessories</b></td></tr><tr><td> Crossbars for Roof Rails</td><td> Rearview Camera</td><td> <a href="http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6192&perpage=7&pagenumb er=2" target="_blank">Audiovox Overhead DVD/TV/MP3 (PROV916 Color:Pewter)</a></td></tr><tr><td> Rear Splash Guards</td><td> Back Up Sensors</td><td> <a href="http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6192&perpage=9&pagenumb er=3" target="_blank">Prince Lionheart - The Original Seatsaver</a> x 2</td></tr><tr><td> Trailer Hitch (with coolers)</td><td> Running Boards</td><td> <a href="http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6316" target="_blank">wwong's Foam Pads (Center Console, Activity Tray and Cargo Storage)</a></td></tr><tr><td> Wheel Locks</td><td> <strike>Chrome Exhaust Tips</strike></td><td> <a href="http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6192&perpage=11&pagenum ber=4" target="_blank">Thule 934 - Hitch Mounted 4 Bike Carrier Racks</td></tr><tr><td> <a href="http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6192&perpage=2&pagenumb er=64" target="_blank">Full Size Spare</a></td><td> <a href="http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6192&perpage=4&pagenumb er=28" target="_blank">Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips</a><br>&nbsp(<a href="http://www.pilotautomotive.com/pilot3aba.htm" target="_blank">Pilot Motorsports PM-555</a>)</td><td> <a href="http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6192&perpage=1&pagenumb er=75" target="_blank">Husky Liners (2 piece front, 2nd seat liner)</td></tr><tr><td> <a href="http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6192&perpage=20&pagenum ber=8" target="_blank">Fog Lights</a></td><td> <a href="http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6192&perpage=7&pagenumb er=26" target="_blank">Thule 840/841 - Playpen (roof basket)</a></td><td> <a href="http://www.hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6192&perpage=5&pagenumb er=27" target="_blank">3rd BRAKE LIGHT MOD</a></td></tr><tr><td colspan="3"><hr></td></tr><tr><td colspan="3"><b>Hond Satellite-Linked Navigation System</b></td></tr><tr><td><b>Database area:</b></td><td><b>Database version:</b></td><td><b>Software version:</b></td></tr><tr><td> Continental USA</td><td> 02.0203.06.071503.04</td><td> Ver.02.11.02</td></tr></table>
tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to osteome

Having the integrated key fob would be nice....depending on the price. A design change like that though may things difficult to retrofit, especially if the immobilizer has to change to accomodate the integration, which may mean a change both within the key and at the ignition. Only Honda would / will be able to answer this one.

Given the prices of the current replacement immobilizer key and remote units (as separate pieces), the cost may be a little prohibitive. I would not mind finding out though too!

2003 Sagebrush EX-L with lower trim, foglamps, all weather mats, cargo tray, separation net, rear flaps, XM Skyfi / Ipod via a Blitzsafe adaptor, HondaPilot.org sticker, wwong's dead pedal cover, console pads, and fog light
lens tape

His: 2002 Honda CRV EX in Mojave Mist over tan, 5 speed manual, OEM all weather mats and rear mud guards with Ipod via factory radio

Soon to be ours: 2009 BMW M3 Convertible; Silverstone Metallic II / Bamboo leather, 6 speed manual, Premium, Cold Weather, Technology, and Premium Sound Packages, 19" Wheels, Ipod adaptor
osteome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 04:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Default Re: 05 key for 04 Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by tak
Sorry for drifting the thread but I'm curious if the key fob is possibly programmable. Does anyone know? What I am hoping is to get one of the 05 key which is combined with key fob and program it to work with my 04 Pilot so that I can save some pocket space.
The separate key fob should be programmable. I don't know about the integrated key+fob.

No longer a wannabe!
06 Sagebrush Pearl AWD EX-L w/Navi
tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Default Re: Re: 05 key for 04 Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by tracy
The separate key fob should be programmable. I don't know about the integrated key+fob.
They should all be programmable or rather, the receiving unit in the car should be programmable in order to recognize the unique signal from each fob and immobilizer.

Looking at step 13 of the instructions: after putting the vehicle in "programming mode", the lock button on each remote must be pressed in order for the vehicle to store the code on each remote.

The question of whether or not an integrated key/fob will work with older Pilots will depend on if the frequencies are the same if the series of codes used for the 03 and 05 overlap.

'06 Black EXL-Navi: autodim mirror, many cargo accessories, mud guards, ODB II, and wwong's console pads.
'03 Black EXL-RES: side steps, autodim mirror, many cargo accessories, roof rack, and mud guards.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
jay
Super Senior Member

Default Re: Re: Re: 05 key for 04 Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by tim.s
They should all be programmable or rather, the receiving unit in the car should be programmable in order to recognize the unique signal from each fob and immobilizer.
Let's not lose sight of the original question, will a remote key be programmable to work with a fob/key system. It's already been discussed that a current Accord remote key won't work, so the question still remains, will a future Pilot remote key work. I'd think the receiving units would, given the Accord knowledge, be different enough that it wouldn't work. But it's all just conjecture on my part. I'd guess it's because the immobilizer and remote functionality are combined in the remote key, but separate units on the fob/key combination.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

^^^You're too fast to reply, see my edited message above yours.^^^

Old 07-28-2004, 07:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
jay
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tim.s
^^^You're too fast to reply, see my edited message above yours.^^^
I'll take that as a compliment. I've rarely been accused of being fast at anything.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: