Anti-Theft problem - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

Register Home Forums Active Topics Insurance Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Piloteers.org is the premier Honda Pilot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-27-2006, 11:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Anti-Theft problem

Yesterday my 3 year son was playing inside the Pilot with the keys on the ignition, while the SUV was off. I don't know what he did but when I came back the the radio and navigation systems wouldn't start, both systems are completely blank. It's not even asking me for the codes.

There is just a red light blinking on the radio at all time even when the car is moving. I assume is the anti-theft system. I have disconected the battery for a few minutes with no success but the red light keeps blinking. I tried to disconnect the fuses with the same result.

Also I have armed and disarmed the alarm with the remote control but the problem persists.

Does anybody knows how to reset the anti-theft system?
aleyrolo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2006, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Have you tried disconnecting the battery? I believe once reconnected, it should ask you for the code.
Other Accessories: wwong's pads (center console and storage compartment) and door reflectors, Yakima SkyBox 12 rooftop box.
gpraceman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2006, 01:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Anti-Theft problem

Quote:
Originally posted by aleyrolo
I have disconected the battery for a few minutes with no success but the red light keeps blinking. I tried to disconnect the fuses with the same result.
Do you mean that the red light continues to blink even when the battery is disconnected or the fuses are removed?

(And I hope you're aware that this is not even close to the worst thing that can happen when you leave a 3-year-old in a car with the keys in the ignition.)
Old 11-27-2006, 02:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
I have disconected the battery for a few minutes with no success but the red light keeps blinking. I tried to disconnect the fuses with the same result.
Sorry, it helps to read all of your post

Maybe there is a capacitor in there that is slow to bleed off the charge. If that is the case, you can try to disconnect the battery (or the fuse) for a much longer period of time.
Other Accessories: wwong's pads (center console and storage compartment) and door reflectors, Yakima SkyBox 12 rooftop box.
gpraceman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2006, 05:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Re: Re: Anti-Theft problem

Quote:
Originally posted by krygny

Do you mean that the red light continues to blink even when the battery is disconnected or the fuses are removed?

(And I hope you're aware that this is not even close to the worst thing that can happen when you leave a 3-year-old in a car with the keys in the ignition.)
Jet-Pilot-64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2006, 06:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Re: Anti-Theft problem

Quote:
Yesterday my 3 year son was playing inside the Pilot with the keys on the ignition, while the SUV was off. I don't know what he did but when I came back the the radio and navigation systems wouldn't start, both systems are completely blank. It's not even asking me for the codes.

There is just a red light blinking on the radio at all time even when the car is moving. I assume is the anti-theft system. I have disconected the battery for a few minutes with no success but the red light keeps blinking. I tried to disconnect the fuses with the same result.

Also I have armed and disarmed the alarm with the remote control but the problem persists.

Does anybody knows how to reset the anti-theft system?
Check for blown fuses.
(and pennies in the cig outlets)
Old 11-29-2006, 10:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default Anti-Theft problem

I mean that the red light keeps blinking even when I'm driving the car.

When I disconnect the fuse or battery the light stops, however as soon as I reconnect the fuse or battery the light start blinking again. I think that will leave the battery disconnected for the night I hope is a capacitator.

Rolando
Old 11-29-2006, 11:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Sounds as if the accessory fuse is blown. If the red led keeps on blinking, the radio is receiving 12v constant power. However, if it doesn't turn on with the ignition, more than likely it's the fuse. Does your 12v outlet work? As mentioned before, check the outlet for foreign objects.
'04 Sagebrush EX-L w/ Navi / Class III Valley Hitch / Mito self-dimming rearview mirror, Muth signal mirrors / upgraded door speakers / front set of Pilot Pads / full size spare / AVS hood deflector / MTX 404, 4 channel amp / rear cargo cover / '06 tail light upgrade, full LED interior light conversion.
Gone to a new home but not forgotten. Sold to a good friend.

'03 BMW M5, Carbon Black

'04 Mercedes SL 500R, Silver

'98 Honda Accord EX V-6, Nighthawk Black Pearl

'05 Honda Accord EX V-6 w/ navi, Deep Green Pearl
dragoncoach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2006, 12:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default Anti-Theft problem

I'll check the accessories fuses.

Rolando
Old 04-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyrolo View Post
I mean that the red light keeps blinking even when I'm driving the car.
I just had this happen in my '04 EX today. I had the power steering pump replaced the other day and the head unit powered on fine until this morning. Now when I drive, the anti-theft light blinks but I can't power the unit on, nor can I eject any CDs, nor is any time displayed.

After coming across this thread, I then realized that I tried to charge my BT earpiece shortly after realizing the head unit was not working and the tiny LED on the 12V charger did not illuminate. I thought it was the charger itself malfunctioning. I will test it in my Ody later tonight to confirm the charger works.

But this sounds like a blown fuse. Any idea which? I've never replaced one in my Pilot. Is it easy to find/replace? Does one fuse power the 12V outlet AND the head unit as well?

I'm hoping it is just the fuse because I am already on my third head unit, having replaced the original, its successor, and the current one myself.

Thanks.
njitgrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: