Maintenance Required indicator light - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

Register Home Forums Active Topics Insurance Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Piloteers.org is the premier Honda Pilot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-24-2009, 09:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Maintenance Required indicator light

I was told that on the Honda Pilot's, the Maintenance Required indicator light will come on when the Honda is scheduled for it's regular maintenance, even though there isn't a maintenance issue.

Is this true? If so, how can I turn that light off, if I know I don't have any maintenance issues?

Thanks.
devrygrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2009, 10:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Garage
Default Re: Maintenance Required indicator light

Quote:
Originally posted by devrygrad
I was told that on the Honda Pilot's, the Maintenance Required indicator light will come on when the Honda is scheduled for it's regular maintenance, even though there isn't a maintenance issue.

Is this true? If so, how can I turn that light off, if I know I don't have any maintenance issues?

Thanks.
MM reminds you service is due any what service is recommended.
MM can be reset following the instructions in the Owners Manual for your model year.

Not sure of your model year but this is from the 2009 Honda Pilot info:

Maintenance Minder System and Tune-Up Intervals

The Pilot's standard Maintenance Minder system calculates the engine's tune-up schedule based on driving conditions (tracked by the ECU). When determining proper maintenance intervals, the system minimizes owner guesswork about whether the vehicle is being operated in standard or severe conditions. The Pilot's Maintenance Minder information appears in the odometer display, and indicates when to change the oil, oil filter (every other oil change), air cleaner, transmission fluid, spark plugs and coolant, as well as when to rotate the tires. A tune-up is not required until about 100,000 miles. (100K+/- Miles No Scheduled Tune-ups may vary with driving conditions. Does not apply to fluid and filter changes. Exact mileage is determined by actual driving conditions. The owner's manual contains full details). Long-life fluids have been applied for reduced maintenance costs and environmental impact (fluid disposal). As a result, engine coolant changes are needed about every 10 years or approximately 100,000 miles, and engine oil changes are required every year or around 7,500 miles under normal driving conditions. The maintenance minder system calculates the exact miles between service intervals.

MM can be reset following the instructions in the Owners Manual for your model year.
RSQ Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have a 2003 Honda Pilot and I've had all the maintenance work done ahead of the recommended maintenance schedule, which is why I just want to turn the light off. I was told the light comes on automatically when the car is due for regularly scheduled maintenance. It does not automatically detect when maintenance has been done ahead of time; hence the indicator light coming on.

Someone told me there's a way to turn the indicator light off in this instance but I don't know if that's true or how to do it. That's my question.

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Garage

2003 Pilot OM pg 69
2003 Honda Pilot Owner's Manual
RSQ Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Smile

That's exactly what I needed!!! Thank you so much!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

IIRC the 2003 did not have the maintenance minder, it had a simpler miles based reminder system.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

AND . . . .

The HONDA INSTRUCTIONS for the oil change include resetting the reminder even if it is not on. That way it will come on correctly should you forget when you changed the oil.

Of course our fine dealers are too smart to follow instructions.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by RSQ Pilot

2003 Pilot OM pg 69
2003 Honda Pilot Owner's Manual
Just for clarification, MM normally refers to Maintenance Minder, which was first available on the 2006 Honda Pilots.

The 2003-2005 Pilots had a Maintenance Required Indicator that was based on how many miles since it was last reset...

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...303O00067A.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: