trailer brake controller issues ! - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

Register Home Forums Active Topics Insurance Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Piloteers.org is the premier Honda Pilot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default trailer brake controller issues !

Hi folks...just found you
I have a 2011 which is pre-wired for trailer harness. I bought online a factory replacement harness, installed it with fuses and relays in proper places. all plug and play...no wiring to mess up. I also purchased the prodigy 2 trailer brake controller and installed that...same deal...plug and play. When i fired it up...no power showing in display...dead. Now..my question is this...the prodigy is sold in two options...one is for with factory harness...one without. I got the "with factory" assuming the factory replacement harness was just plugged in...no difference than actual factory is my understanding. am I missing something ?...could the actual factory installed harness have addl. wires that branch off before the receptacle ? I bought a camper and wanna' pick it up next weekend.
Any help someone might be able to give me would be hugely appreciated !
( sorry for the gigantic post)
Thanks so much,
BobO
peacemonger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacemonger1 View Post
Hi folks...just found you
I have a 2011 which is pre-wired for trailer harness. I bought online a factory replacement harness, installed it with fuses and relays in proper places. all plug and play...no wiring to mess up. I also purchased the prodigy 2 trailer brake controller and installed that...same deal...plug and play. When i fired it up...no power showing in display...dead. Now..my question is this...the prodigy is sold in two options...one is for with factory harness...one without. I got the "with factory" assuming the factory replacement harness was just plugged in...no difference than actual factory is my understanding. am I missing something ?...could the actual factory installed harness have addl. wires that branch off before the receptacle ? I bought a camper and wanna' pick it up next weekend.
Any help someone might be able to give me would be hugely appreciated !
( sorry for the gigantic post)
Thanks so much,
BobO
Did you put the fuses into the underhood fuse block?
The prodigy harness will plug right into the gray connections for the electric brake inside behind the panel by the fuel tank door release.
help on harnes
http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/...s_AII43339.pdf
help on brake connection
http://www.piloteers.org/forums/70-2...g-2-print.html

Last edited by RSQ Pilot; 09-18-2011 at 12:58 PM.
RSQ Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi ...yep...plugged the prodigy pigtail into that gray receptacle near the e brake, under the dash. Under hood I put the 30 amp fuse in place as well as the 20 amp.
Still feeling lost !
thanks for the reply though!
peacemonger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Mine works.

For what it's worth, I just bought the Tekonsha P2 controller and the 3070-P harness and installed on my 2011 Pilot Touring. Once I connected the wiring harness and installed the 20 Amp fuse under the hood, all works as expected. The Touring has all the other components factory installed. In addition (I didn't know...) the Touring includes a bag in the back center storage compartment with a controller pigtail and the 20 Amp fuse. You really don't need the 3070-P as the P2 has the harness for the controller side and the Pilot has the other side. You just use the wirenuts supplied with the P2 to connect the two harnesses to make your own 3070-P.

Hope you were able to find the solution to your install.
sailon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Double and triple check you put the 20amp fuse for the brake controller in the right position. Its easy to place it in the wrong slot and having not power at all points to the fuse install or the fuse itself.

And just to be clear, this is not the same fuse you installed during the trailer wire harness install, its only for the brake controller.

If all is confirmed, probe for power at the plug to clear any possible issues with the controller itself.
RinconVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: