Right Rear Door Lock/Unlock is not functioning - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

Register Home Forums Active Topics Insurance Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Piloteers.org is the premier Honda Pilot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-21-2003, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Right Rear Door Lock/Unlock is not functioning

For the first time I have an issue with my Pilot after about 3200 Miles on it. The problem is the Right Rear Passenger door Lock/Unlock knob is not functioning. With two kids the nightmare had just begun.
Call the dealer hopefully the problem will go away soon.

__________________________________________________ ______________
2003 Pilot SS EX-L RES,Fog Lights with Lower Trim,Crossbars for Roof Rails,Half Nose Mask,Rear Splash Guards,Running Boards,Rear Back-Up Sensors,Wheel Locks,Auto Day/Night Mirror,Wood-Grain Trim Panel—All Interior Trim,EX Emblem, VTEC Emblem,Gold Exhaust Finishers,Fog & Head Light using XD5 5100K Bulb, AutoShade Ventvisor,Fender Flare
haknuman59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2003, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

I had the same EXACT problem with my right rear door.

All I did was sit in the back seat, arm the car with the transmitter and then manually unlocked that one door. The alarm will probably go on, just shut it off.

Then I rearmed and disarmed the car and the right rear door worked again with the other doors.
Old 01-21-2003, 06:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Default Here we go w/ the "Right Rear" thing

We've had shock mount rattles, scrunches, seat belt rivets, and now door locks. There's got to be something "off" in that section of the vehicle. Honda needs to hire a "Feng Shui" expert or something, because the "Chi" is definitely not flowing in the Right Rear.
74 Mercedes 450 SLC

*TRADED* - 03 Pilot EX-L Nighthawk Black Pearl #8031.Form Fit Air Deflector, Rear Splash Guards, Running Boards, Crossbars, Cargo Tray & Cover, Honda Chrome Exhaust Tips, All Weather Mats
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 09:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Question

As they say on the radio... long time listener, first time caller.

I too have been having the same problem with the right rear door. Must be something to do with the cold weather we've been having up here in the NE.

Has anyone noticed that the side air vents swing freely from side to side when you first get into the car after a very cold night? Check it out. As I start driving, I notice them starting to swing from side to side and all of a sudden you have a blast of cold air blowing in your face. As the car eventually warms up, this seems to be less of a problem since the plastic vent seems to expand with the heat.

Called my dealer this morning and made an appointment for tomorrow morning.
Corbramat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 07:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Problem Solve

Well, the problem solve on the Right Rear Door Lock/Unlock that was no functioning. The dealer stated it was a loose wire inside the door.

Seem like every right side is loosing....

2003 Pilot SS EX-L RES,Fog Lights with Lower Trim,Crossbars for Roof Rails,Half Nose Mask,Rear Splash Guards,Running Boards,Rear Back-Up Sensors,Wheel Locks,Auto Day/Night Mirror,Wood-Grain Trim Panel—All Interior Trim,EX Emblem, VTEC Emblem,Gold Exhaust Finishers,Fog & Head Light using XD5 5100K Bulb, AutoShade Ventvisor,Fender Flare
Old 01-27-2003, 08:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

I too have had a problem with my right rear door lock. Lately Ihave also had problems with the headphones for the RES. My kids claim that the volume seems to decrease by itself until you can barely hear any audio. Any ideas or similar problems out there? I just passed 5000 miles!
BTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 12:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BTYSON
I too have had a problem with my right rear door lock. Lately Ihave also had problems with the headphones for the RES. My kids claim that the volume seems to decrease by itself until you can barely hear any audio. Any ideas or similar problems out there? I just passed 5000 miles!
I don't know about the door lock situation, but have you changed the batteries in the headphones?

'06 Black EXL-Navi: autodim mirror, many cargo accessories, mud guards, ODB II, and wwong's console pads.
--> passed 100k miles in early 2012 and still going
'06 Black Volvo XC90 2.5T
'03 Black EXL-RES: side steps, autodim mirror, many cargo accessories, roof rack, and mud guards.
--> traded in '06 for XC90
tim.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

No, I guess it didn't occur to me that they would need replacing that quickly. They have not been used for more than about 3 hours total. I'm not even sure how to replace them! Get out the manual!
BTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 08:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Both of my rear door locks stuck. I was able to get the passenger side working but the driver's side wouldn't. It eventually started working again on it's own.
05 Acura MDX Touring (sold) 03 Honda Pilot EX Havasu Blue #3939.
02 Toyota Highlander Ltd Vintage Gold.
BillR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 08:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thumbs up Take it back to Dealer

Remember folk, Lock/Unlock issue is a major issue especially when you have kids. Bring it back to the dealer while you are still protected under warranty.

That is what I did. My wife the only that do the driving of the Pilot, with two kids 2 months old and 3 years old it is not easy especially when you living in the Northeast plus this is year is the coldest of any other year.

I fix mine last week. Hopefully there is no more loosing wire inside the door.

Old 03-09-2003, 08:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default Rt rear door lock problem

I tried to open rear passenger side door from out side this AM but I couldn't. I made sure that all doors were open with my remote and also using drivers side power switch but I couldn't. I had to open mannually from inside. Any solution for this problem?. Its scary with kids in the back. Is dealer able to fix it?. Any one got their problem solved.

chitturi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 09:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ex-Pilot Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Corbramat
As they say on the radio... long time listener, first time caller.

I too have been having the same problem with the right rear door. Must be something to do with the cold weather we've been having up here in the NE.

Has anyone noticed that the side air vents swing freely from side to side when you first get into the car after a very cold night? Check it out. As I start driving, I notice them starting to swing from side to side and all of a sudden you have a blast of cold air blowing in your face. As the car eventually warms up, this seems to be less of a problem since the plastic vent seems to expand with the heat.

Called my dealer this morning and made an appointment for tomorrow morning.
Cold weather What's that? Been in the 90's down here in S. Florida (Ft. Lauderdale area). Haha, although I do wish it was back down in the 50's, which we only had for like a few weeks. It is already Summer here. Been either going to the pool or beach a few times a week. Sorry for being off topic, just had to complain about the heat.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:24 PM   #13 (permalink)

Unhappy LEFT Door Lock Not Working

Well Guys and Gals...
I hate to be the "bubble breaker", but this morning the power door lock on my LEFT rear door went t*ts up. Just out of the blue, and no noise from th solenoid when trying to lock/unlock that door. It had been working perfectly up until now.
Since there is no noise from the solenoid, and all 3 of the other doors are working, I too suspect a loose/disconnected wire. If I could hear the solenoid, of course I would suspect a linkage problem. But I guess not.
Anyhow, it's back to the dealer when mama has a free day in about a week...no kids, so no real saftey issue here.
traction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 02:53 PM   #14 (permalink)

You're all lucky. All of my door locks stopped working. When the car is running they work, but when its off, they're not functional. Its miserable, because I have to manually unlock one of the front doors and then reach into the back seat to unlock those doors manually. I'll bring it into the dealer to see whats going on.
exrotorhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

So, here it is 2011 and no one has posted any results from a visit to the dealer. Well, I've had a problem with the right rear passenger door for quite a while, but now the driver's door lock isn't working when the automatic lock switch is activated. Of course it won't work with the key fob either. From the other postings, it seems it must be the solenoid or a loose wire or something like that. I'd sure like to hear what has been the typical solution.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: