How to Remove Center Console? - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

Register Home Forums Active Topics Insurance Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow
Piloteers.org is the premier Honda Pilot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default How to Remove Center Console?

Gonna install my XM roady in place of the cell phone holder that flips out of the center console on our 2005 Pilot and I need to route the wires into the storage area under the center armrest. Honda trim installation is so clean that there's not a screw cover in sight! Before I start pulling on trim pieces, does anyone know the correct way to remove the center console?
RJD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2005, 10:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

I can not directly help concerning the console...but...I did finish installing my SkyFi2 yesterday. Plan on an all day project. The longest time for me was running the antenna wire from the back roof to the dash. I almost removed the third row! Also, the supplied antenna wire is JUST long enough to reach from the roof to the dash.

I tried to remove the console to install an after market DVD player but gave up. If you do discover how to remove it - please share.

Good luck.
Marc
mdesmaraisva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 06:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well, it took 2 hours total and I've got to say it looks pretty darn good! I threaded the antenna wire from the back, along the passenger side, and slipped it in under the trim ABOVE all the windows and the posts. Then I took the wire, brought it down under the glove compartment and then I was faced with all the console trim.

I tried to gently pull at one lower panel and it popped off. Then I did the same with bronze colored trim pieces and off they came. I threaded the wire through the hole near the hinges of the cell phone, which also popped off easily, and fed it into the console. That was the hard part.

I took off the cell phone cradle, mounted the XM holder with the included adhesive pad, plugged the DC plug into the handy DC outlet inside the console, and now I'm golden!

I'll post pictures when I can.
RJD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 08:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Senior Member

Send a message via ICQ to cwa107

Your new here, so we have to initiate you!

2010 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD (traded)

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium - Ruby Red Pearl

2005 Honda Pilot EX 4WD (traded)
cwa107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: