Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Sunroof

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MDXlite 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations or experience on having a sunroof installed in the northeast (north of NYC or New England)?

#2 ·
We are getting ours done at Classic Soft trim. They do most of r the Milwaukee area dealer and also my neighbor from growing up is the master tech there. We talked abou tit yesterday and he said they have done only a few but they all have been good. He also stated that the wider roof you get the more solid it will be (of course only going to the roofs limits). He is going to see how big of a roof we can get in.
Thats about it for me,
Pat

#3 ·
Aftermarket Sunroof

Curious, are the aftermarket sunroofs retractable into the roof or do they tilt and slide above the roof?

Also, do you have a ballpark figure for the cost of the aftermarket sunroof?

Rob
Chicago, IL

#4 ·
ASC

ASC (American Sunroof Corp.) out of CA is probably the largest aftermarket sunroof company. Haven't looked into it yet but if they don't have an application I'm not sure you'd want it.
It will probably be an "in-roof" style, which is what you want. The roof probably won't be that deep because they won't (or shouldn't) cut into the B-pillar roof member. This is why the MDX roof is smallish. It may be wider though.
These roofs these days are actually very good. Will consider one once I see the application.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.