Door Dings vs Running Boards - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Door Dings vs Running Boards

For the piloteers that have running boards , do the boards provide enough protrusion to stop door dings? Hopefully the boards have more than one function
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 11:02 PM

Did not notice that. I always park far enough from the nearby car, or right in the middle of two cars to avoid being hit by idiots.

2016 Touring (Canadian), Obsidian Blue with running boards; Tow package.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 11:08 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Running board does not stop doors.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 02:54 AM

Perhaps the OP meant door moldings? 🙂
hpilot16 likes this.

2016 Pilot Touring (Canadian) Crystal Black Pearl/Black Interior
Accessories: Crossbars, Hood Air Deflector, Door Visors, Moonroof Visor, Body Side Molding, Cargo Cover
DUB Push Black Aftermarket Rims /w Original Factory All Season Tires - Honda TPMS
Factory Rims on Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2 Winter Tires - Honda TPMS
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 09:03 AM

when i bought and installed mine i had hoped it would and not sure if it does, i had a Nissan quest park next to me and while i was sitting inside my pilot, the passenger on the Nissan hit my car twice with the door and i could hear it, when i went to check on it, there was no dings or scratches but i am sure they hit hard enough for me to be concerned.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 11:38 AM

Running boards don't protrude out far enough to help with door dings.

2016 Pilot EX-L w/ Sensing
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 04:27 PM

Running boards will not help protect against door dings. But maybe this window decal will make them think twice-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COP-Sticker-Police-Vinyl-for-Car-Window-Decal-State-Trooper-Head-Angry-Mustache-Funny-Cute-Gift.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	79985  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enisad View Post
when i bought and installed mine i had hoped it would and not sure if it does, i had a Nissan quest park next to me and while i was sitting inside my pilot, the passenger on the Nissan hit my car twice with the door and i could hear it, when i went to check on it, there was no dings or scratches but i am sure they hit hard enough for me to be concerned.
Did you say anything to the person about their careless behavior?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 07:40 AM

I cringe at the thought of someone denting my doors. I Park on the other side of the planet to avoid this.

2016 Obsidian Blue Touring -Maxed Out Bling
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optivity View Post
Did you say anything to the person about their careless behavior?
The only thing i could do was give them the "look" as the guy was 6'2 with Tattoos, i learn t my lesson and now went back to parking far except at Costco as their parking lots are space out well
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 10:24 AM

6'2'' with Tats driving a Quest. Yeah best to leave them alone. Doubt they are at all happy with life😂

2016 Obsidian Blue Touring -Maxed Out Bling
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 03:41 PM

I understand many people are reluctant to confront someone acting like an "idiot," but I'm not that shy. People who exhibit a careless disregard for other folk's property will continue to do so unless confronted about the issue.

I always check my vehicles for door dings/scratches/dents when returning to where it's been parked.

Don't you just hate it when you park way out in left field somewhere and return to find someone has parked their vehicle right next to yours?

What is it with people? Just a need to bust someone's ass?

Now don't get me started on the idiots who park in such a way to occupy (2) parking spots. In that case I say feel free to "ding away."
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optivity View Post
I understand many people are reluctant to confront someone acting like an "idiot," but I'm not that shy. People who exhibit a careless disregard for other folk's property will continue to do so unless confronted about the issue.

I always check my vehicles for door dings/scratches/dents when returning to where it's been parked.

Don't you just hate it when you park way out in left field somewhere and return to find someone has parked their vehicle right next to yours?

What is it with people? Just a need to bust someone's ass?

Now don't get me started on the idiots who park in such a way to occupy (2) parking spots. In that case I say feel free to "ding away."
Good luck with that.

Life is too short (and dangerous) to try to inspire good manners with the ignorant. I think there is little correlation between someone that inherently stupid/selfish to begin with, and the likelihood a confrontation will curtail future misbehavior.

I've learned this lesson the hard way, and given the level of violence, tension, aggression, HAIR-TRIGGER TEMPERS, and the preponderance of personal weaponry in this nation, I usually turn the other cheek. Heck, it's a door ding, it ain't like a Honda CUV is a museum piece.

Though I would agree, beating the daylights out of a "two spot parker" sounds almost worth the risk.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 05:12 PM

I was going to put these on my Pilot for protection from ignorant shopping mall parkers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAG Free1454879470.036221.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	80105  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 05:17 PM

I once worked with a fellow who lost out on a parking spot tug-of-war to another vehicle in a mall parking lot. When the driver of the other car got out, flipped him off and went into the store; my co-worker proceeded to use his tire iron to smash up the other guy's car windows.

He felt good at the time, but had to deal with the repercussions later.

optivity has been known to have a rather BIG mouth, which has caused him problems at times; but sometimes I just can't help myself.

Whatever that filter is between one's brain & mouth just didn't seem to take quite right with me.

2016 Elite Crystal Black Pearl
2016 Touring Accord Crystal Black Pearl

Pilot accessories: Trailer Hitch (5000lbs), Trailer Hitch Harness, 9-Speed ATF Cooler, 20" Black Alloy Wheels, Chrome Front Bumper Trim, Chrome Tailgate Trim, Folding Cargo Tray, Rear Bumper Applique, Body Side Moldings, Crossbars, Splash Guards, Front Lower Trim, Chrome Door Mirror Cover, Lighted Running Boards, Custom License Plate Frames
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: