Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2016 Pilot anti-theft devices?

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  humanoid 
#1 ·
After reading numerous articles about how keyless entry car can be hack or break into, it looks like our pilot also can be vulnerable to electronic thieves. I know it would be silly to start a thread like this, but after my pilot got broke into I wanted to know what can be done to prevent this happening again. Anyone installed a 3rd party alarm system? Locking devices? I know most of us store pilots in their garage when not in use, what about when you have to park on street...etc?

#2 ·
I installed a nice aftermarket alarm one time. In my first car, a cherry red 1984 Honda Prelude. It got stolen one day when I forgot to set the alarm. They ripped most of the interior apart getting the fancy alarm out of the car, so it was totaled. ( They also dropped it off jacks after they drove it somewhere and took off the fancy aftermarket wheels... ).

It got towed somewhere and I went there to survey the remains and gather whatever belongings. The tow company had a Doberman chained to the bumper. Really sweet dog. We got along fine.

Somewhere in this story there may be a lesson on the fallibility of security systems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.